Los Angeles Boeing Sexual Harassment Lawyer
There are many ways in which you can be sexually harassed while working at Boeing. The office atmosphere is generally the same as anywhere else, and there are many people who do not act appropriately. You could be mistreated, targeted, discriminated against, and more simply for your choice of dress, for example, and you could be on the receiving end of relentless sexual harassment. Our Boeing sexual harassment lawyers in Los Angeles have worked with many victims throughout the years, and we know the best methods for success with such cases. The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group is consistently ranked as one of the most effective law groups in the state. If you are in need of a lawyer with experience in Boeing sexual harassment cases, or if you wish to file a Boeing wrongful termination and sexual harassment lawsuit, call our firm today.
What is sexual harassment?
Sexual harassment is the unwelcome advances of a sexual nature. They do not have to be based in sexual desire; they can be based on gender, perceived sex, orientation, marriage, childbirth, and more. There is also no need for the harassment to be nonconsensual, or even for it to directly happen to you.
Hostile workplace environment harassment is generally any sexual harassment that occurs between workers. You could be violated in a number of ways, or you could simply witness the harassment occur. If you were a victim in the past, this situation could trigger a panic attack or PTSD episode, which would cause you to suffer. Whether a supervisor or coworker at Boeing creates a hostile work environment, you should speak with a workplace sexual harassment lawyer to determine the best course of action to proceed.
There is another form of sexual harassment that is based on a manager or supervisor proposing employment or promotions in exchange for sexual favors. This is known as quid pro quo harassment, or harassment that involves an exchange of “something for something.” There must be a power imbalance present between you and the harasser; he must be able to negatively impact your job status. He could demote you to a different position, deny you vacation time and sick requests, remove your insurance benefits, blacklist you within and outside of the company, cut your hours, reduce your pay or salary, and much more. If a manager or supervisor at Boeing sexually harassed you, don’t hesitate to sue Boeing for sexual harassment.
Be aware that many managers, bosses, and companies will engage in retaliation against you if you try to take action. If someone from Boeing harasses you and retaliates against you, your job may be in danger. In the event that a boss or other worker from Boeing wrongfully and illegally fired you after you reported sexual harassment, you should speak with a Boeing wrongful termination lawyer. Our Boeing discrimination attorneys will be able to assist you with a claim.
How can I identify sexual harassment?
Sexual harassment does not have to be welcome, as mentioned above. It must be of a sexual nature, though. Examples of sexual harassment include:
- Sexually explicit objects were given to you as a gift, or they were on display in a coworker’s office
- A coworker groped you, fondled you, engaged in inappropriate touching, massaged your neck, rubbed your butt, held you too long for a hug, and more
- Sexual molestation, generally happening or occurring to a minor, but can affect many others as well
- A worker sent you inappropriate pictures, explicit messages, raunchy or inappropriate emails, or asked you to send nude videos or photos
- Someone at work tried to have sexual relations with you, asked you to have an affair or to cheat on your significant other, continually asked you out on dates, and more
- You were sexually assaulted, physically harmed, or involved in a rape while at work; if so, you should press charges, go to the doctor for treatment, and hire a Boeing sexual assault lawyer for more assistance
If you were sexually harassed by Boeing or someone working at Boeing in any way, reach out to a Boeing workplace sexual harassment attorney. We will look over your case and determine how to move forward. You shouldn’t be treated without a regard for your humanity, and you should be respected at the workplace.
How can I file a Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Against Boeing?
To file a Boeing sexual harassment lawsuit, you will need to get as much evidence as you can of the harassment and wrongdoing. Of course, this may be difficult if you were fired or if you were removed from the premises. We recommend following these steps:
- Become familiar with the sexual harassment policy at the company so that you know what crosses the line and what is illegal
- Put all complaints in writing and keep a record or journal of the harassment, including the dates of the harassment, who was involved or who carried it out, when the incidents occurred, where they happened, and more
- Inform HR or your boss about the harassment so that potential action can be taken, but it is entirely possible that the incident will be ignored so as to not stir the pot; also be sure to print out these messages and emails so that you have copies to refer to
- Take photos, videos, and audio recordings if you can to showcase the harassment as it happened; concrete evidence will be extremely beneficial to your case
- Entreat the help of coworkers and request their statements and testimonies to add to your claim, as the additional support will be useful; however, many coworkers may not wish to give you any evidence because they can be targeted by the company and potentially fired
- File a complaint with either the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, if you wish to go through the Federal agency, or the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, if you wish to go through the California agency
- Speak with police, pursue medical attention, and keep all copies of treatment and receipts if you were assaulted or raped
Once you have gathered evidence, you should find a lawyer who can help sue Boeing for sexual harassment. If you do not work with a lawyer who has experience in Boeing sexual harassment cases, you may not be able to secure any compensation for your case. It can be very hard to fight a business by yourself with no previous legal experience or knowledge of the law. A Boeing sexual harassment lawyer will be able to fight for you while you focus on other areas, such as recovering, finding a new position, updating your resume, and more.
How much is a sexual harassment claim against Boeing worth?
Boeing sexual harassment lawsuits can be worth a fair amount of money. Boeing sexual harassment cases can have an average value of more than $250,000. However, a class action lawsuit against Boeing for sexual harassment can be worth millions of dollars due to the large amount of evidence and the numerous plaintiffs who were involved. On the other hand, a Boeing sexual harassment class action lawsuit may not result in the highest amount of compensation per person because the total amount is distributed amongst the victims.
We will do everything we can to win you the following damages:
- Lost income from the past as well as the future
- Reinstatement of your previous job position if you were wrongfully fired
- Reimbursement of benefits, promotions, bonuses, and more
- Emotional pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages if the company were grossly negligent or someone there intentionally harmed you, but these damages are hard to win and are often viewed as severe or harsh, so only a skilled Boeing harassment lawyer will be able to secure them for you
A California sexual harassment attorney for Boeing employees will work around the clock to bring you every penny you need. Call us today to get started on your claim.
Boeing Sexual Harassment Attorney in California
If you need to find a law firm representing victims of sexual harassment against Boeing, you have come to the right location. The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group is well known for its highly skilled and highly rated attorneys. We are one of the top firms in the area, and our history of success speaks for itself. Our aggressive lawyers will stop at nothing to win you the damages you deserve, even if it means going to court to defend your rights in front of a jury and judge.
For a free legal consultation, call our law offices today. All consultations are confidential – none of your private details or case information will be shared anywhere else. We will gladly talk with you about the case, the value of your claim, what you can expect if you move forward, and more. If you wish to hire us for our services, we will not charge you any money throughout the case. We will only get paid if we win, and if we lose, we take no payment at all.
Get in touch with the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group to sue Boeing for sexual harassment.