The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group has years of experience handling employment claims and wrongful termination cases. We believe that the workplace should be a fair location for everyone, and we will always pursue appropriate justice and worthwhile change. Businesses like the Bayside Hotel should not be privy to discriminatory action and illegal firings; they should be held to the same standards as everyone else and act according to the law. If you have been targeted and discriminated against at a Bayside Hotel, resulting in a wrongful termination, you should sue Bayside Hotel for wrongful termination. Our Bayside Hotel discrimination attorneys can ensure that you are fairly treated and that you receive ample compensation for your mistreatment.
What are the laws of discrimination in the workplace?
In California, employment is at-will, which means that companies can hire individuals at any point and fire them for any reason, provided the reason is not illegal. Illegal termination can arise when you are fired because of a protected class or quality. California has more protections available for most states. These protections are as follows:
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Age (40 years old and older)
- Genetic information
- Marital status
- Sexual orientation
- Veteran status
- Victims of domestic violence, stalking, or assault
- National origin
- Medical condition
- Political affiliations, beliefs, and activities
- Mental disability
- Physical disability
The California Family Rights Act also affords certain protections for those who are taking maternity leave, taking medical leave to attend to their own dire conditions, or taking leave to care for a sick or disabled family member.
There are also Federal laws that provide protection for classes of people as well; some of these laws date back decades. For instance, the Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964 and it outlaws discrimination against people based on race, religion, sex, and more. Three years later, in 1967, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act was passed, which prevented individuals over the age of 40 from being targeted or wrongfully fired. Then, in 1990, the Americans with Disabilities Act made it illegal to refuse reasonable accommodations to those with mental or physical disabilities, and illegal to fire them instead of searching out reasonable alternatives.
If you were wrongfully terminated by Bayside Hotel on account of any of the previously listed classes, you could file a Bayside Hotel wrongful termination lawsuit. A California wrongful termination attorney for Bayside Hotel employees can help you organize your case and submit it for consideration.
What are types of discrimination at a Bayside Hotel?
Discrimination can take on many forms at a Bayside Hotel, and it can lead to wrongful termination in many cases. Hotel workers can be heavily mistreated; you may not be given breaks and be forced to clean areas that require biohazard materials, or you may be denied any kind of leave. You might also be made to take on additional shifts or pay cuts due to prejudice against you. It is important that you document these types of discrimination.
Examples of it include:
- Religious discrimination: Mistreatment based on the faith you hold or religion you follow, which can include prevention of wearing religious garb to work or taking time out of your day to pray.
- Disability discrimination: Different treatment based on mental or physical disabilities, including refusal to grant reasonable accommodations like seats, breaks, and more. Our attorneys can help you sue Bayside Hotel for disability discrimination.
- Age discrimination: You may be pushed out of a front desk role or marketing role because of your age, which is highly illegal. Our firm can provide you with a Bayside Hotel age discrimination lawyer to handle your case.
- Racial discrimination: Racial discrimination may be the most common form of discrimination present in the workplace. It is not uncommon to be treated differently because of your color or ethnicity. Our Bayside Hotel racial discrimination attorneys in Los Angeles can sue the hotel if you were fired for no other reason than being a different race.
- Pregnancy discrimination: Women who are pregnant or nursing or who take maternity leave can be discriminated against by being told to resign from their position, denied leave, or fired during the leave. If Bayside Hotel asked you to quit because you were pregnant, you could sue Bayside Hotel for pregnancy discrimination and illegal termination.
- Retaliation: Often, you may be a victim of retaliation because you took action against the company for discrimination or mistreatment. If you were sexually assaulted, you may have raised a complaint, but it was disregarded or stuck under the rug. If this happens, our firm can provide you with a Bayside Hotel sexual harassment lawyer or a Bayside Hotel sexual assault lawyer to help you with your case. A Bayside Hotel harassment lawyer can help in the event Bayside Hotel harasses you and retaliates against you.
No matter what method, you should sue if Bayside Hotel wrongfully and illegally fired you. Let a lawyer with experience in Bayside Hotel wrongful termination cases assist you with your case.
What other types of wrongful termination are there?
Wrongful termination does not only come from a place of discrimination. It can also involve other illegal reasons, such as:
- Breach of contract: You may have signed a contract at the start of your employment that outlines the conditions under which you could be fired. You may have to fulfill certain requirements to be let go or your employer must provide you with a severance package. If this contract is broken, you could fight back.
- Violation of public policy: You may be able to sue for wrongful termination if you go to a voting booth to cast your vote in an election or if you serve your civil duties by attending jury duty. Because these are government-oriented scenarios, you cannot be fired for taking leave.
- Medical leave violation: If you take medical leave or time off to attend to your sickness or health, you cannot be fired. Some employers will do so anyway because they need to get work done and do not want to lose potential profits. They may hire someone in your stead and not give you your old position back when you return.
You can speak with our Bayside Hotel wrongful termination lawyers in Los Angeles to learn more about the types of wrongful termination and if you have grounds for a lawsuit.
What can I do to sue Bayside Hotel for wrongful termination?
If you wish to file a wrongful termination lawsuit against Bayside Hotel, you must have sufficient evidence to back up your claim. Evidence should include:
- An account of the discrimination
- Pay stubs
- Audio recordings or videos of any discrimination
- Testimonies from coworkers
- Statements from ex-coworkers who were fired for similar reasons
- A copy of the contract you signed
- Your employee handbook
- Proof of medical leave
- Proof of jury duty or voting
At the first sign of discrimination or mistreatment, you should go to your boss or to HR to try and fix the issue. They may ignore you or do nothing to solve it. You can then give all your evidence to a lawyer who has experience in Bayside Hotel wrongful termination cases. We will make sure that your lawsuit is field on time.
You do not have longer than 300 days to file a claim if you are suing under the DFH. If you are suing under the EEOC, you only have 180 days. However, if you are suing a government agency, you only have a mere 45 days to take legal. Our attorneys can guarantee that you do not miss the opportunity to sue: we will ensure that your document is submitted on time and the agency investigates within an acceptable time period.
What can I win in a Bayside Hotel wrongful termination lawsuit?
All employment claims are worth different amounts based on the circumstances of the case. Bayside Hotel wrongful termination cases can have an average value of over $100,000 at times. Bayside Hotel wrongful termination lawsuits can be worth more than $500,000 if you were harassed or assaulted, or if your company behaved the same way against numerous parties nad you join a class action lawsuit. Our firm will do everything in our power to win you the following forms of compensation:
- Missed income from your days of unemployment from the past and future
- Job reinstatement if you want to return to your old position, but many avoid this due to the possibility of repeated offenses
- Pain and suffering damages for anxiety, PTSD, emotional trauma, and more
- Punitive damages if the company acted with intentional discrimination or gross negligence
Don’t hesitate to call a lawyer who can help sue Bayside Hotel for wrongful termination.
Bayside Hotel Wrongful Termination Attorney in California
If you are in need of an expert lawyer who can sue Bayside Hotel for wrongful termination, you do not need to look any further. The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group can assit you with your case and will do everything possible to win your case. We are known for our aggressive negotiations and our penchant for winning claims. If we must, we will take your case to court.
Schedule a free legal consultation today to learn more about the nuances of your case and what it might be worth. We will tell you how the legal process will unfold and what you should do moving forward. We will also tell you more about our zero fee guarantee. This promises that, if you hire us, we will take none of your money from start to finish. If we win your case, we will take a portion of the settlement or verdict won from the hotel. If we lose, we pay nothing. You will never touch your personal savings.
Contact our firm to sue Bayside Hotel with the help of an expert wrongful termination lawyer at the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group.