Riot Games is a video game development company responsible for a few franchises, but most famously for the League of Legends videogame that is popular around the world. It employs hundreds of people and has been in existence for over ten years. The company does have its issues like every other business, though, as there are many workers and managers who are discriminatory or prejudiced in nature. You could take legal action against the company if you were wrongfully terminated by Riot Games. Our law firm, the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group, will be able to help you sue Riot Games for wrongful termination and ensure that you are appropriately compensated for your losses.
How is wrongful termination outlawed?
Labor laws primarily deal with the treatment of employees and outline rules for the amount of time they can work, the breaks they are entitled to, meal times they can take, and more. The laws also pertain to the employers and how they can remove employees from the business. Wrongful termination is illegal firing and happens all the time, but many individuals do not know that they are victims. They may believe that they were simply fired for no reason; this is especially common in California, which is a state where at-will employment is the norm, meaning companies can terminate their workers at any point, provided the reason is not illegal or discriminatory. This is balanced because workers also have the same luxury and can quit whenever they wish. We have provided some laws below to help you understand what is illegal and legal:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964: Termination and discrimination in the workplace is outlawed if the cause of the termination is because of the worker’s race, religion, sex, color, ethnicity, nation of origin, and more.
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967: Workers who are older than 40 years old cannot be targeted and subsequently terminated due to being over a specific age bracket.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990: Individuals who suffer from mental or physical disabilities cannot be fired for having these disorders, and employers must offer reasonable accommodations for the workers’ disabilities.
- The California Family Rights Act: Workers in California have the right to take pregnancy and maternity leave, sick leave, and caretaking, and they cannot be fired while on such leave.
In the event that you have been wrongfully terminated from your job, you should learn more and contact one of our Riot Games wrongful termination lawyers in Los Angeles. We will help you understand what is against the law and what you can be legally fired for.
What are forms of wrongful termination?
You could be illegally fired from Riot Games for a number of reasons. If you were specifically targeted for the following reasons, you likely have a wrongful termination cause of action. It is very important that you be able to identify red flags; if you are fired and you do not realize that it was due to discrimination, you could lose the opportunity t sue if you wait too long to take action. Some of the types of wrongful termination at Riot Games include the following:
- Racial discrimination: You were targeted because of your race, denied certain raises due to your ethnicity, or fired because your color was different from your boss’s, and many more reasons. Our Riot Games racial discrimination attorneys in Los Angeles will be able to sue the company on your behalf and get you restitution. We also will seek policy changes and to punish the company for employing such a manager or boss.
- Age discrimination: You could be targeted for being over 40 years old. You may be prevented from completing your job responsibilities or you may be prevented from gathering benefits. A Riot Games age discrimination lawyer will be able to assist you with your case.
- Disability discrimination: This occurs when the company refuses to give you reasonable accommodations like chairs, different work hours or start times, additional periods of rest, and more. You can sue Riot Games for disability discrimination if they fire you after denying you these accommodations.
- Pregnancy discrimination: A woman may try to take pregnancy leave or maternity leave and can be denied it. Alternatively, she may be denied reasonable accommodations since pregnancy is considered a disability. The business has asked women to simply quit their jobs instead of taking maternity leave so that the business does not struggle with short-staffing. You could sue Riot Games for pregnancy discrimination and illegal termination if Riot Games asked you to quit because you were pregnant.
- Retaliation: Retaliation happens when the company fights back after you have taken action against them. It most often occurs when you have been sexually assaulted or sexually harassed and want the company to punish the responsible party, but nothing ends up happenings. A Riot Games sexual assault lawyer or Riot Games sexual harassment lawyer can assist you. If a manager or boss at Riot Games harasses you and retaliates against you, you should reach out to a Riot Games harassment lawyer as well.
- Religious discrimination: You are allowed to request reasonable accommodations for your religious attire, breaks for prayer time, days off for holidays, and more. If these requests are denied and you are fired because of them, you could file a wrongful termination lawsuit against Riot Games.
- Breach of contract: You may have signed a contract with the company when you started, and it could have included terms under which you cannot be fired. The company may breach this contract and fire you anyway, which could allow you to sue for wrongful termination.
- Breach of public policy: You are allowed to take leave to go vote in an election or to serve on a jury. If you are denied this civil right, then you can call one of our Riot Games discrimination attorneys to help you sue.
If someone from Riot Games wrongfully and illegally fired you, it is wise to speak with a lawyer who has experience in Riot Games wrongful termination cases.
What is the worth of a Riot Games wrongful termination lawsuit?
Riot Games wrongful termination lawsuits can be worth a lot of money if you can prove that you were denied ample wages or if you were harassed in some way. Riot Games wrongful termination cases can have an average value of more than $250,000, as has been the case when numerous individuals have sued for harassment, assault, and discrimination. Our team of lawyers will work to bring you the following:
- Lost wages, lost benefits and promotional wages, missed commissions and bonuses, future income, and more
- Reinstatement into your old position, but many individuals avoid this because few managers are fired after the incidents and the occurrences may simply repeat
- Pain and suffering damages for mental trauma, anxiety, PTSD, and more
- Punitive damages, which are additional forms of monetary compensation handed out to punish the defendant, but these are seldom awarded because they are viewed as severe or harsh in many cases
You should not worry about trying to get the maximum amount of compensation for yourself. A California wrongful termination attorney for Riot Games employees will be able to work around the clock to secure you the necessary damages that you need.
Los Angeles Riot Games Wrongful Termination Lawyer
If you are in need of a lawyer with experience in Riot Games wrongful termination cases, contact our law firm, the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group. We have a long history of winning claims for our clients and will stop at nothing to secure you the rightful compensation you deserve. We are known for being aggressive and never giving up on claims. Our attorneys are willing to go to court to fight for your rights in front of a judge and jury.
If you wish to schedule a free legal consultation, call our law offices today. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we will always take your call t discuss your claim, the legal process, how much it is worth, and more. You should always feel like you can ask us any questions you wish. Further, all consultations are totally confidential, and none of your private details will be shared outside of our office walls.
Contact our firm to learn more about our zero fee guarantee. This means that you will pay no out of pocket expenses throughout the case; we will cover all the costs ourselves, including legal fees and hiring expert witnesses. If we win, our payment will come from the settlement we bring you. If we lose, we take nothing from you at all, and you walk away debt-free to our firm.
To sue Riot Games for wrongful termination, call the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group today.