Warner Bros is a highly sought after company with many individuals working there for some time. There are also other workers like interns and guest producers who are present for a short time. No matter what kind of employee you are at Warner bros, you should be fairly treated and not subjected to sexual harassment. Unfortunately, the Hollywood industry is not particularly caring, and you could be targeted in the workplace. Whether an individual at Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. harasses you and retaliates against you or you were sexually harassed by Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. or someone working at Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., you should be aware that there are legal options for you to take and the chance to earn necessary compensation. A lawyer who has experience in Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. sexual harassment cases can assist you with your lawsuit if you contact the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group.
What laws prevent sexual harassment?
Sexual harassment in the workplace is prohibited by way of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Fair Employment and Housing Act in California. These Acts include prohibition of sexual advances, visual or verbal conducts, physical actions, and more that create a hostile workplace or an intimidating atmosphere. The actions do not have to be based on sexual desire or on sex itself; they can include gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived sex, pregnancy, childbirth, and more.
To get the most accurate information regarding sexual harassment, contact our Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. sexual harassment lawyers in Los Angeles.
What are forms of sexual harassment?
Sexual harassment in the workplace can take on two forms. The first can be carried out by anyone, whether a coworker or customer. You may not even be a victim in some situations; it is enough that you witnessed some sexual assault or harassment occur, and you could have been severely affected by it. Perhaps you were a victim yourself at one point in time or you were unable to stop the incident and someone was seriously injured. You could sue Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. for sexual harassment in either case. This hostile workplace environment sexual harassment can occur in various ways. If a supervisor or coworker at Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. creates a hostile work environment, you should sue.
The second form of sexual harassment is quid pro quo harassment, which is Latin for “something for something” or “this for that.”It can only take place between a manager, supervisor, boss, or other authority figure and a subordinate or underling. There must be some implicit or overt threat of negative consequence, or there must be a request for a favor or positive gift in exchange for sexual actions. Bosses who participate in proposing employment or promotions in exchange for sexual favors are guilty of quid pro quo harassment.
If a manager or supervisor at Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. sexually harassed you, you could have been faced with negative consequences. Some of the consequences include bad performance reviews, demotion, denial of promotion, rejection of benefits and insurance coverage, retaliation, forced overtime with no compensation, illegal termination, docked wages and reduced salary, reassignment to another store or location, blacklisting in the company or field, and much more.
You could be sexually harassed in the following ways:
- You were given sexually explicit objects as gifts or there were such objects on display in someone’s cubicle or desk
- You were a victim of inappropriate touching, such as when a coworker groped you, fondled you, held on too long during a hug, touched your butt, caressed you, massaged your neck, and much more
- You were a victim of sexual molestation, whether as an adult or a minor
- A coworker sent you inappropriate pictures of themselves masturbating, in suggestive poses or areas, or engaging in other acts, or simply sent you pornographic material with lewd statements
- Someone at work tried to have sexual relations with you, whether by soliciting sex, repeatedly asking you on dates, trying to goad you into an affair, and more
- You were a victim of rape or you were sexually assaulted, in which case, you should do more than file an employment claim – you should hire a Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. sexual assault lawyer to assist you
Sexual harassment should never go unpunished. It is important that you find a lawyer who can help sue Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. for sexual harassment. If there is no action taken against the perpetrators, they will continue to harass other people, and the company will protect them. A workplace sexual harassment lawyer can be of great assistance to you and your claim.
How to File a Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Against Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
To file a Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. sexual harassment lawsuit, you will need to provide enough evidence showing that you were victimized. We recommend procuring and putting together evidence from the first instance of harassment. This is because many individuals routinely participate in it; these are seldom isolated incidents. If you have a long list of proof of repeated occurrences, your claim will have a higher chance of success. Of course, this comes at the risk of suffering through more harassment. You can speak with a Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. harassment lawyer to learn the proper course of action.
You should do the following:
- Read everything you can about the harassment policy at your company, including what the punishments are, what the training methods are, and more
- Acquire statements and testimonies from any coworkers who saw the incident happen or who were similarly affected by the harassment
- Take photos of the harassment, record videos or acquire security footage of the harassment, or get audio recordings of conversations about it
- Keep a journal of the incidents and make sure to meticulously detail them, including the dates, times, involved parties, and more
- Inform your boss and Human Resources representative about the harassment, and keep all emails and such so that you can show that they were aware; they may try to deny that they were told about the harassment in an attempt to discredit you
- File a complaint with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (this can be undertaken by a lawyer with experience in Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. sexual harassment cases)
- Report sexual assault to police
- Acquire medical attention, keep copies of any hospital receipts, and make copies of doctor’s notes and prescriptions
It is highly recommended that you reach out to a Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. sexual harassment lawyer to help with your case. You may not have any legal experience at all, and if you try to proceed with a claim, you run the risk of losing completely.
You also risk being fired if you report sexual harassment. If Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. wrongfully and illegally fired you after you reported sexual harassment, you should get help from a Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. wrongful termination lawyer. Don’t leave the company without filing a Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. wrongful termination and sexual harassment lawsuit.
What can I win in a lawsuit against Warner Bros. for sexual harassment?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. sexual harassment lawsuits can be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. sexual harassment cases can have an average value of more than $1,000,000 if there are numerous parties involved or if there were physical violence. You may also be able to file a class action lawsuit against Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. for sexual harassment. This is viable if there are numerous individuals who were harassed. The benefit is that there will be a lot of evidence to pull from; the downside is that the compensation would be distributed among a group, so each party would receive a smaller amount.
We will fight to win you the following damages:
- Lost income
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Job reinstatement
- Reimbursement of benefits, promotions, commissions, bonuses, and more
- Punitive damages if there was gross negligence or an intention to cause harm
If you wish to file a Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. sexual harassment class action lawsuit or other kind of claim, contact a Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. workplace sexual harassment attorney today.
Los Angeles Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Sexual Harassment Lawyer
If you are seeking a law firm representing victims of sexual harassment against Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., you have come to the right place. The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group can provide you with Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. discrimination attorneys to handle your claim. We are aggressive and renowned for our highly skilled lawyers and large rate of success.
Call us today to set up a free legal consultation to discuss your claim. We’ll talk you through the legal process and help you understand the viability of your case. We will also tell you more about our zero fee guarantee, which says that we won’t get paid anything unless and until we win your claim. If we lose, we take no payment whatsoever.
To get help from a California sexual harassment attorney for Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. employees, contact the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group today.