What Is the Value of My Religious Discrimination Lawsuit?
California Employment Attorneys Group is continuously contacted by victims of religious discrimination in the workplace. The employees that contact our law firm have often already considered taking legal action against the employer that discriminated against them. However, these victims of religious discrimination usually have the following questions:
- How much is a religious discrimination case worth?
- How much is the value of my workplace religious discrimination case?
The following sections will answer the questions listed above. Additionally, you will find information about past verdicts and settlements, as well as the type of compensation that you might be eligible to receive. Although you should find the information provided informative, you should not use the details below to substitute for a consultation with a skilled attorney. Only the attorneys at California Employment Attorneys Group can provide you with specific information that pertains to your situation and case. You must immediately contact our law firm to start the legal process against your employer—do not hesitate to contact California Employment Attorneys Group.
Review of Past Settlements and Verdicts
What is the value of a religious discrimination case? Since no two cases are the same, it can be difficult to discuss the average value of a religious discrimination lawsuit. The verdict or settlement amount of a religious discrimination lawsuit will depend on the specific details of the discriminatory situation. Below, you will find a list of past settlements and verdicts:
- $71,000—two women were discriminated against because of the headscarves they wore for religious reasons. One of the women was not hired because she was wearing a headscarf during the interview; the other woman was terminated because she wore a headscarf. The defendant was a prominent clothing store with a strict “look policy” that failed to accommodate employees with certain religious beliefs. Besides monetary compensation to the victims, the clothing store was required to enforce a religious accommodation policy.
- $75,000—a male employee was denied religious accommodations and was the target of insensitive jokes and comments based on his religion from management, coworkers, and customers. After the plaintiff complained about the discrimination he was experiencing, he was terminated. Besides the monetary compensation to the victim, the company was required to adopt a new policy against religious discrimination.
- $50,000—a man was denied a position because of his appearance. His religion prevented him from cutting his hair; however, the employer informed the plaintiff that he could have the job if he cut his hair. Besides the monetary compensation to the plaintiff, the company was required to establish an anti-discrimination and accommodation policy and provide anti-discriminatory training to all managers.
- $100,000—a woman was denied religious accommodation and was told she would not be permitted to work unless she removed her religious headscarf. Besides the monetary compensation for the plaintiff, the company was required to create policies to address religious discrimination and accommodations.
- $40,000—a woman began wearing skirts to work after a change in her religious beliefs. The long-time employee faced religious discrimination when the company’s owner changed. The new owner informed the plaintiff that all employees must wear pants. The company failed to accommodate the employee and, instead, terminated her. Besides the monetary compensation to the plaintiff, the company to adopt anti-discrimination and religious accommodation policies.
As you can see, the cases mentioned above have different values. The religious discrimination settlement amounts depend on the specific details of the case. Because of this, it is essential that you contact an attorney as soon as possible. An experienced attorney will be able to evaluate your situation and explain the average settlement for a religious discrimination case. You must contact California Employment Attorneys Group as soon as possible for more information on the value of your case.
Type of Compensation Available for Religious Discrimination Cases
What affects the payout you receive after winning your lawsuit? Depending on the specific details of a case, the plaintiff might be eligible to receive compensation. The amount you can receive will always depend on each situation; the categories of compensation available for workplace religious discrimination cases include lost wages, pain and suffering, and punitive damages. Below, you will find a list of the different type of compensations along with a short description of each type:
- Lost wages—if you lost your job after you were discriminated against based on your religion, you might have experienced illegal firing. If you lost your job, you stopped earning your wages. You might be eligible to receive compensation for the wages would have earned if you had not been terminated. If you did not experience wrongful firing based on your religion, you likely lost wages in other forms. If you were denied pay raises, opportunities for promotions with higher pay, or bonuses, you could receive compensation for that.
- Pain and suffering—if you experienced religious discrimination in the workplace, you could have also experienced mental and emotional distress. The discrimination based on your religion could have left you with fear, anxiety, panic, or depression. If so, an evaluation from a professional will establish the level of mental and emotional affliction.
- Punitive damages—if the religious discrimination was intentional and malicious, the lawsuit might result in punitive damages. Punitive damages are designed to punish the employer and to try to prevent an incident from reoccurring.
In addition to the compensation listed above, there might be other outcomes to a lawsuit. For example, the employer might be required to make policy changes to prevent the religious discrimination from reoccurring. This might include establishing anti-discrimination workshops and training to inform the staff and ensure that no employees are victimized in the future. Because the type of compensation that you might be eligible to receive is affected by the specific details of your case, it is important for you to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. You must contact California Employment Attorneys Group as soon as possible to speak to a skilled attorney who can evaluate your case and explain the type of compensation available to you.
California Employment Attorneys Group
Victims of workplace religious discrimination must take immediate legal action. Our country stands for religious freedom—and both federal and state laws protect employees from religious discrimination. Unfortunately, many employers disregard the laws that protect employees and continue to discriminate them based on their religion. If you were the victim of religious discrimination in your place of work, you must take immediate legal action. California Employment Attorneys Group is a law firm dedicated to helping employees seek justice after being victimized in the workplace. If you have considered taking legal action against your employer but have questions about the possible outcome of a religious discrimination lawsuit—like case value or compensation eligibility, you should contact our law firm as soon as possible.
California Employment Attorneys Group aims to facilitate the legal process as much as possible. Many victims of religious discrimination in the workplace do not take legal action because of the association with stress and expenses. However, California Employment Attorneys Group has removed itself from these negative associations. How do we allow our clients to have a stress-free and expense-free legal experience? Our law firm provides our clients with free consultations. If you have any questions about whether you have a case or about the possible outcome of your case, our skilled attorneys can help you. Our attorneys will answer all of your questions and address all of your concerns. All you have to do is contact our law firm and schedule a free consultation—we guarantee that you will receive all the information necessary to give you the confidence to decide on filing a lawsuit against your employer. California Employment Attorneys Group also offers free second opinions. Are you unsure about needing a free second opinion? If you already have an attorney with another law firm, you should consider your experience with that attorney. Did your current attorney answer all of your questions? Were you left with more questions than answers? Did your attorney rush through your consultation? Have you had to look for additional information in other sources? Unfortunately, many attorneys prioritize the number of cases they can see in a day, which results in substandard legal services. Attorneys sometimes rush through cases—overlooking or neglecting information that could affect the outcome of a lawsuit. Are you willing to risk the outcome of your case on the incompetence of your current attorney? If not, you should contact California Employment Attorneys Group as soon as possible to schedule your free second opinion—our attorneys will get your case back on the right track.
California Employment Attorneys Group is committed to giving our clients the best legal experience. Because of this commitment, our law firm offers a Zero-Fee guarantee. Our Zero-Fee guarantee ensures that our clients never have to worry about paying any upfront fees for any of our legal services. Additionally, our law firm is strictly based on contingency—our clients will not pay anything until our skilled attorneys win the religious discrimination lawsuit against the employers. You must not hesitate to contact our law firm—call now to schedule a free consultation or free second opinion at your earliest convenience.