What Is the Value of My Wrongful Termination Discrimination Lawsuit?
Were you wrongfully terminated? If you were, you might be considering filing a lawsuit against the employer that illegally fired you. Many people like to learn about the possible outcome of a lawsuit before deciding to take legal action. Most people associate lawsuits with stress and legal expenses; if the payout is too small, the process might not be worth the trouble. In the sections below, you will find valuable information regarding past settlements and verdicts as well as the types of compensation that a plaintiff might receive. After reading the sections below, you should have an answer to one of the most common question asked by victims of wrongful termination: how much is a wrongful termination case worth?
California Employment Attorneys Group is a law firm dedicated to helping victimized employees. We will do everything possible to fight for your rights in the workplace. Although you should find the information below will answer most of your questions, you should not use the information provided as a substitute for a consultation with an attorney experienced in wrongful termination lawsuits. Only an expert attorney will be able to explain the average settlement for a wrongful termination case. Additionally, only a skilled attorney should evaluate your case and explain how much is the value of your lawsuit. You should not hesitate to contact California Employment Attorneys Group – our wrongful termination attorneys are ready to help you win your lawsuit against the employer that illegally fired you.
Past Settlements and Verdicts
If you are thinking about filing a lawsuit after you were wrongfully terminated, you likely want to know the average value of a wrongful termination lawsuit. Unfortunately, the settlement amount of an illegal firing lawsuit will vary depending on the specific details of the case. Because of that, only an attorney can discuss the amount you can receive. However, below you will find examples of past settlements and verdicts. Although your case is not guaranteed to result in the amounts listed below, reviewing past settlements and verdicts can give you a general idea of the value of a wrongful termination case.
- $6.25 million – a truck driver was terminated for refusing to drive in a dangerous storm.
- $5.5 million – the employee was terminated after bringing forth a lawsuit claiming FEHA violations against her employer.
- $4 million – an employee was terminated after he discovered and reported sexual misconduct.
- $3.5 million – an employee was terminated after being diagnosed with a disability.
- $25.1 million – a salesperson in a company complained about other salespeople violating the law. The company retaliated against the employee by demoting him and increasing his quota, until he was eventually terminated.
- $21.7 million – an employee was fired for having a mental illness.
- $2 million – an employee was terminated based on race.
- $18 million – an employee was terminated after claiming that there were safety and wage violations in the company.
- $16 million – an employee was terminated because of his age.
If you feel your current attorney is not maximizing your case value, contact our firm for a free second opinion.
From the examples above, you might be able to get an idea of the average settlement for a wrongful termination case. It is important that you do not expect your payout to be equivalent to the past settlements and verdicts mentioned above – as the specific details of your situation can affect the compensation that you are eligible to receive. You must seek legal assistance as soon as possible; only an attorney experienced in wrongful termination cases will be able to give you more wrongful termination settlement amounts. You must contact California Employment Attorneys Group as soon as possible to get the information you need before you file your lawsuit.
What Compensation is Available for Wrongful Termination Cases?
If you are considering filing a lawsuit after you were wrongfully terminated, you might be wondering about the compensation that you might be eligible to receive. The compensation you might be eligible to receive will depend on the specific details of your case. Below, there are a few types of the compensation you might be eligible to receive:
- Lost wages – if you were wrongfully terminated, you might be eligible to receive compensation for the wages you lost because of the termination. The compensation you receive for lost wages might be split into two categories – back pay and front pay. Back pay is the pay you lost from the moment you got wrongfully fired until the moment of the trial. Front pay covers the pay being lost from the moment of the trial until the plaintiff either is reinstated to his or her previous position or finds another job.
- Lost benefits – many employees have benefits through their employer. If the employee is terminated, the employee might have had to cover the costs of the benefits him or herself. If the plaintiff receives compensation for lost benefits, the out-of-pocket expenses to cover the benefits will be returned.
- Emotional distress – some people suffer from anxiety, depression, or other emotional or mental afflictions because of the wrongful termination.
- Punitive damages – punitive damages are designed to punish the defendant and ensure that the defendant will not have the same issue with another individual. If you were wrongfully terminated based on a protected status, like sex, race, or medical condition, your employer violated the law. If your employer violated employment laws, you might be awarded punitive damages.
You are not guaranteed to receive all of the compensation listed above. The type of compensation you receive will depend on the specific details of your case. Because of this, it is essential to speak with a wrongful termination attorney at California Employment Attorneys Group as soon as possible.
California Employment Attorneys Group
California Employment Attorneys Group is a law firm dedicated to helping mistreated employees fight for their rights. If you were the victim of illegal firing, you might be thinking about the possibility of taking legal action against your employer. Employees are protected by employment laws at the federal and state level. If you believe you were the victim of wrongful firing, you must take immediate legal action against your employer. California Employment Attorneys Group will fight for your rights. Our skilled attorneys will do everything necessary to ensure that you have the legal representation necessary to guarantee a successful case. There is no question that our legal team will not be able to answer; we will give you information on average values, settlement amounts, and expected payout for wrongful termination cases. You should not hesitate – contact California Employment Attorneys Group as soon as possible.
California Employment Attorneys Group understands the mental and emotional turmoil that you might be experiencing after being wrongfully terminated. Because of that, we aim to make our legal services as accessible as possible. Individuals who have been wrongfully terminated can contact our law firm without ever having to worry about paying any fees to talk to our attorneys. Our law firm provides free consultations and free second opinions – all you have to do is call to schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience. During your free consultation, you can expect our wrongful termination attorneys to answer all of your questions and address all of your concerns. We will always do everything necessary to ensure that you have the most relevant information concerning your case. We guarantee that you will leave your consultation feeling confident in pursuing a wrongful termination claim. If you already have an attorney with another law firm, you might still be interested in benefiting from a free second opinion. Our attorneys will evaluate your case and clarify any doubts that might have been left by your current attorney. Are you unsure about needing a second opinion? You should consider your experience with your current attorney. Did you feel rushed at any point during a consultation? Did your attorney leave you with any unanswered questions? Unfortunately, many attorneys rush through consultations and entire cases because they are only interested in going through as many cases as possible. When attorneys rush, they risk overlooking and neglecting important pieces of information that might affect the outcome of their client’s lawsuit. You should not allow the incompetence of your current attorney affect the outcome of your cases. You must call California Employment Attorneys Group as soon as possible to schedule a free second opinion or a free consultation.
California Employment Attorneys Group offers clients a Zero-Fee guarantee. This guarantee ensures that you will never have to worry about paying any upfront fees for our legal services. Additionally, our law firm is strictly based on contingency, so you will not have to pay anything at all until our wrongful termination attorneys win your case and you receive the compensation you deserve. You must not hesitate to contact California Employment Attorneys Group today.