Paramount Pictures is a world-renowned production company with hundreds of workers and even more contractors. A company that large, though, is bound to have many people who sweep problems under the rug. Sexual harassment is one such issue that is ignored or not properly dealt with in a timely fashion. Many individuals are victims of sexual harassment at the company, but few act in time or even know how to take legal action. It is for this reason that we recommend searching for a law firm representing victims of sexual harassment against Paramount Pictures. If you were sexually harassed by Paramount Pictures or someone working at Paramount Pictures, you should fight back. The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group is here for you, and we will help you sue Paramount Pictures for sexual harassment and receive the compensation you need.
What is sexual harassment?
Sexual harassment is conduct that is sexual in nature and is unwelcome. It does not need to be nonconsensual, as consent can sometimes be viewed as the only way to ensure it does not progress or worsen. It can take on two forms.
The first form of sexual harassment is quid pro quo harassment. This means “something for something,” and it occurs when a manager or supervisor at Paramount Pictures sexually harassed you. There must also be the threat of punishment. This type of harassment can only happen in situations like a manager or boss proposing employment or promotions in exchange for sexual favors; it cannot occur between normal coworkers. Common threats of punishment include:
- Forcing you to work overtime with no pay or no travel reimbursement
- Demoting you to a position with less pay and responsibilities
- Cutting your hours and salary
- Docking your income
- Blacklisting you from being hired elsewhere
- Poor employee performance reviews
- Removal of benefits, insurance, commission, bonuses, tips, and more
- Wrongful firing or illegal termination
The other type of sexual harassment comes in a hostile workplace environment. It can be carried out by anyone, not simply someone in a position of power, and there does not need to be an exchange done or requested. If either a supervisor or coworker at Paramount Pictures creates a hostile work environment, you can take legal action. You also do not need to be the victim to file a claim; you could have simply witnessed the act or occurrence to do so.
You should also be aware of what can happen after you are sexually harassed and you choose to take action. Retaliation is when your employer targets you because of the claim you made. If someone from Paramount Pictures harasses you and retaliates against you, you will need to file a Paramount Pictures wrongful termination and sexual harassment lawsuit. Don’t let the company bully you if Paramount Pictures wrongfully and illegally fired you after you reported sexual harassment. A lawyer who has experience in Paramount Pictures sexual harassment cases can help you.
What are examples of sexual harassment?
Sexual harassment can encompass many different things. Some examples include:
- Inappropriate touching during contact
- Sexual molestation of a minor
- Groped you while you were passing or while in an elevator or stairwell
- Sexually explicit objects on display in the office
- Sent you inappropriate pictures, like sexual acts, nudes, and more
- Tried to have sexual relations with you or solicited sexual acts
- Rape after hours or during an event
If you were raped, you were sexually assaulted and you should d more than file an employment claim. It is important that you pursue assistance from a Paramount Pictures sexual assault lawyer to receive assistance.
How can I file a lawsuit against Paramount Pictures for sexual harassment?
To sue Paramount Pictures for sexual harassment, you will need ample evidence proving that the perpetrator was engaging in unwelcome sexual conduct and that the company did nothing to fix the issue. You should take these steps to gather your proof:
- Take photos, get audio recordings, and record videos of the harassment
- Request security footage or surveillance footage if you can
- Get familiar with the company’s sexual harassment policy and punishments, as well as what the company must do for training for superiors
- Make copies of any complaints you made to your boss and to your HR representative
- Keep rigorous journal entries detailing the harassment, including the date of the incident, when it occurred, where it happened, who was involved, and more
- Write down statements from coworkers or testimonies from other victims (be aware, though, that many workers will refrain from providing you with their perspectives, as they may be fearful of retaliation or punishment)
- File your complaint with the DFEH or EEOC if you wish
- Report any sexual assaults or rapes to the police
- Pursue medical attention
- Make copies of doctor’s notes, medical receipts, medication prescriptions, and more
All of this evidence can be brought to a lawyer with experience in Paramount Pictures sexual harassment cases or one of our Paramount Pictures discrimination attorneys. We will organize it and submit it to the necessary agency for you. You may not have any legal experience, so it is wise to speak with a lawyer who can help sue Paramount Pictures for sexual harassment.
What is the value of a Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Against Paramount Pictures?
Paramount Pictures sexual harassment cases can have an average value of more than $250,000 in some scenarios, such as those where there were numerous lost wages or ample pain and suffering. Sexual assaults may warrant even more damages for medical bills and punitive damages. In other cases, Paramount Pictures sexual harassment lawsuits can be worth millions of dollars. This is most common in a class action lawsuit against Paramount Pictures for sexual harassment. A Paramount Pictures sexual harassment class action lawsuit involves numerous plaintiffs stockpiling their evidence and using it to prove that Paramount Pictures was negligent in some way. This can result in a very large settlement that is ultimately spread among the plaintiffs, leaving each person with a smaller or reduced amount of compensation.
We will strive to win you the following damages:
- Lost income from the past and future if you were wrongfully fired and could not earn wages
- Reimbursement of benefits, promotions, commissions, and more
- Reinstatement into your previous position if you were fired
- Pain and suffering damages to cover emotional anxiety, fear, PTSD, mental stress, and more
- Punitive damages if the actions were intentional or the company was grossly negligent; these are additional forms of compensation meant to punish the individual, but they are rarely handed out due to their reputation as being unnecessary or harsh
A workplace sexual harassment lawyer can work around the clock to ensure that you receive every penny you deserve. You may not have any experience in the legal realm, and if you try to sue Paramount by yourself, it is likely that you won’t succeed. A Paramount Pictures wrongful termination lawyer will be glad to represent you.
What is the deadline to file a sexual harassment lawsuit against Paramount Pictures?
In California, the deadline to file a Paramount Pictures sexual harassment lawsuit is 1 year from the date of the harassment, and you can do so under the Department of Fair Employment and Housing. If you wish to pursue a claim through the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, you will instead have 6 months to sue.
If you do not file a claim within the necessary period of time, you won’t be able to collect any compensation at all. There are times when the statute of limitations can be extended, though. The most common involves an absent defendant who has left the state. The statute would thus be suspended until he returns.
To ensure that your claim is filed on time, speak with a Paramount Pictures workplace sexual harassment attorney. We will have your lawsuit submitted on deadline and won’t miss any important dates.
Paramount Pictures Sexual Harassment Attorney in California
If you are looking for Paramount Pictures sexual harassment lawyers in Los Angeles, our law firm, the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group, can help you. We are experienced in employment law and have years of success behind us. Our aggressive team will stop at nothing to win you the damages you deserve. A California sexual harassment attorney for Paramount Pictures employees will go to court if necessary to win you every penny you need.
Call us today to set up a free legal consultation with a Paramount Pictures sexual harassment lawyer. We will answer any questions you have and help you understand how to move forward with your case. We will also give you our zero fee guarantee if oyu hire us. This means that you will pay no money at all from start to finish. We will only get paid if we win, and if we lose, we will not take a dime. Our payment will only come from the settlement won from Paramount Pictures.