Wrongful termination, employee discrimination, and mistreatment at work are all very troublesome occurrences. This mistreatment can happen to anyone and may be carried out by superiors or by coworkers. You have the option to sue 99 Cents Only Store for wrongful termination if it occurs to you, but you must have adequate evidence of the mistreatment in order to do so. It is not fair for you to be illegally fired, and the business should be held accountable. A California wrongful termination attorney for 99 Cents Only Store employees can assist you with your lawsuit if you have never filed a legal claim before or fought back against a company. Whether you need a 99 Cents Only Store sexual harassment lawyer or another kind of lawyer, we are here to help. The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group can ensure that you are given the proper compensation if you were wrongfully terminated by 99 Cents Only Store.
What are wrongful termination laws?
There are numerous laws that exist that aim to prevent wrongful termination and discrimination in the workplace. They have been in effect at a Federal level for some decades, while others have existed specifically in States for less time. The laws are as follows:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964, outlawing discrimination based on race, religion, sex, nation of origin, ethnicity, and more
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, outlawing discrimination against individuals over the age of 40 years old
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, preventing discrimination against those with mental or physical disabilities
- The California Family Rights Act, outlining details and laws concerning maternity leave, caretaking, sick leave, and more
Violation of these acts can result in heavy fines and even jail time. Victims can also collect compensation in civil suits to pay for the various damages that arose from the discrimination. A lawyer who has experience in 99 Cents Only Store wrongful termination cases can give you more information.
You should be aware that California has many protected classes that cannot be discriminated against, much more than the Federally protected classes. They are as follows:
- Mental disability
- Physical disability
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Age (40 years old and older)
- Genetic information
- Marital status
- Sexual orientation
- Medical condition
- Political affiliations, beliefs, and activities
- Veteran status
- Victims of domestic violence, stalking, or assault
- National origin
For more details and to determine if you are protected or were wrongfully terminated, call our 99 Cents Only Store discrimination attorneys.
How can wrongful termination at a 99 Cents Only Store happen?
Termination at a 99 Cents Only Store can happen in various ways. You may be fired because you did not stock shelves or come in on time, or because you were not helpful to a customer. Wrongful or illegal termination, though, can occur only if your employer fired you for an illegal reason. Some examples include the following:
- Breach of contract: You were fired despite a clause in your contract stating that you cannot be or that you must have committed some kind of act.
- Leave violation: You cannot be fired if you were on medical leave.
- Violation of public policy: You cannot be fired if you took time off from work to serve on jury duty or to vote in an election.
- Age discrimination: A 99 Cents Only Store age discrimination lawyer can prove that you were purposely terminated due to your age, as in cases where younger coworkers were hired because of alleged skills or to fit a look or aesthetic.
- Race discrimination: You may have been fired because of your ethnicity, color, or race, or you were given menial tasks and pay cuts that led to you eventually protesting and getting fired. Our 99 Cents Only Store racial discrimination attorneys in Los Angeles will be able to assist you.
- Disability discrimination: You must be given reasonable accommodations for mental and physical disabilities, such as a stool if you’re a cashier or altered hours to account for doctor’s appointments. The store may deny these requests. You can sue 99 Cents Only Store for disability discrimination.
- Pregnancy discrimination: Pregnancy is considered a disability and can warrant you various reasonable accommodations. The 99 Cents Only Store may want you to work through the disability, though, and have no accommodations. They may also not want you to take maternity leave and may hire someone in your stead or ask you to quit. You can sue 99 Cents Only Store for pregnancy discrimination and illegal termination if 99 Cents Only Store asked you to quit because you were pregnant.
- Retaliation: If you were sexually assaulted or mistreated by customers, coworkers, or superiors at the 99 Cents Only Store, you may have filed a complaint and sought action. However, the store could have easily tried to make your life difficult or simply outright fired you. If the 99 Cents Only Store harasses you and retaliates against you a 99 Cents Only Store harassment lawyer or 99 Cents Only Store sexual assault lawyer can work on your claim.
Do not let the store get away with mistreating you and illegally firing you. It is important that you reach out to a lawyer with experience in 99 Cents Only Store wrongful termination cases so you do not get overwhelmed and so you have the best legal representation available.
What should I do if I were wrongfully terminated from a 99 Cents Only Store?
If you were wrongfully terminated from the 99 Cents Only Store, it is important that you get ample evidence so that you can adequately sue your employer and receive compensation. Evidence can take on many forms, and ideally, you will have gathered some prior to being asked to leave. Discrimination is often ongoing and not sudden. Your evidence should consist of the following:
- Videos of the harassment or discrimination
- Audio recordings of mistreatment
- Pictures of any harassing material or racial remarks
- Statements from coworkers supporting your claim of discrimination or harassment
- Statements from ex-coworkers who were fired illegally
- Messages from your boss or from the Human Resources Department
- Copy of the contract you signed
- Copy of your employee handbook
- Medical proof of your affliction or illness
All of this evidence should be submitted to a lawyer who can help sue 99 Cents Only Store for wrongful termination. You may not have any legal experience, and it is in your best interest to work with an attorney with ample experience in the world of employment law.
How much is my 99 Cents Only Store wrongful termination lawsuit worth?
99 Cents Only Store wrongful termination lawsuits can be worth a fair amount of money if the discrimination were prevalent. 99 Cents Only Store wrongful termination cases can have an average value of over $250,000 if there were a lot of wages lost and other monetary damages. We will work to bring you the following in compensation:
- Lost income from the past and future to cover promotion pay, benefits, tips, bonuses, and more
- Reinstatement of your previous job position if you so choose
- Pain and suffering damages to cover the emotional trauma of the event
- Punitive damages if the employer were grossly negligent or intentionally discriminated heavily against you, which can result in a large amount of additional monetary damages
Talk with our 99 Cents Only Store wrongful termination lawyers in Los Angeles if a 99 Cents Only Store wrongfully and illegally fired you. We will ensure that your 99 Cents Only Store wrongful termination lawsuit is successful.
Los Angeles 99 Cents Only Store Wrongful Termination Lawyer
If you wish to file a wrongful termination lawsuit against 99 Cents Only Store, you don’t have to look any further than our law group, the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group. We have a track record as being the best employment firm in the area, and our attorneys have a history of successful cases and verdicts on their side. We know the nuances of the law and the best methods for victory. Our attorneys are aggressive and relentless in their pursuit of your rightful restitution, and we will not give up until we are satisfied that you have been fully covered. If we have to go to court to win your case, we are willing to do so.
For a free legal consultation, reach out to our law offices today. All consultations are totally private and confidential, and you will not have to worry about your private details or case information being shared elsewhere. We will talk with you about your case and make you understand the legal process.
If you want to hire us for our representation, we will also give you our zero fee guarantee on your case. This means that you won’t have to pay any money throughout the claim. We will cover all the costs ourselves, and if we win, our fees will be included in the settlement we bring you. If we lose, we do not take any money at all, and you walk away without owing us a dime.
Let the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group handle your 99 Cents Only Store wrongful termination lawsuit for you.