Beachbody is a corporation that makes its money by utilizing infomercials and direct sales from employees to sell fitness equipment and videos, as well as food supplements and subscriptions. Among its most popular products are P90X and Insanity. The company has come under fire for its multi-level system, which is essentially a pyramid scheme, and has been labeled as such. If you have been employed by Beachbody and you find that you were discriminated against, it is important that you take appropriate legal action. Our Beachbody wrongful termination lawyers in Los Angeles know the problems that accompany the business, and we promise to do everything possible to win your claim for you. The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group is here if you are in need of a lawyer with experience in Beachbody wrongful termination cases.
How is wrongful termination illegal?
Wrongful termination is illegal thanks to numerous laws that are present at Federal and State levels. These laws were enacted over a course of numerous decades, and each one provides additional protections and regulations. Some of the most relevant laws are as follows:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964: Discrimination and mistreatment in the workplace is outlawed if the reason is due to an individual’s race, religion, sex, color, ethnicity, nation of origin, and more
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967: Those who are over the age of 40 years old cannot be targeted for their age and subsequently fired or discriminated against.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990: People who are afflicted with mental or physical disabilities cannot be fired for having the disorders, and they must also be given reasonable accommodations for their disabilities.
- The California Family Rights Act: Individuals in California have certain regulations for taking maternity leave, sick leave, and leave for caretaking of others, and their jobs must be protected while on such leave.
California in particular is one of the stricter states when it comes to protecting its employees. The state has made it so that there are numerous protected classes and if a business tries to fire someone based on such a trait, it can face heavy repercussions. These protected classes include the following:
- Age (40 years old and older)
- Genetic information
- Marital status
- Sexual orientation
- Medical condition
- Political affiliations, beliefs, and activities
- Veteran status
- Victims of domestic violence, stalking, or assault
- National origin
- Mental disability
- Physical disability
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- AIDS/HIV affliction
If you are uncertain about any of these laws or what constitutes wrongful termination, you should reach out to a California wrongful termination attorney for Beachbody employees.
What are types of wrongful termination?
Wrongful termination and discrimination at a Beachbody location can happen in various ways. You may be given undesirable duties or you may be forced to take lower wages and decreased hours. Termination can happen after you were deliberately set up for failure or when you could not complete your duties because your employer forced you to be at a disadvantage.
Some examples of wrongful termination at Beachbody include the following:
- Age discrimination: You may no longer fit the preferred age range of employees if you are over 40 years old. If you are released or given menial duties for this reason, a Beachbody age discrimination lawyer can help you sue.
- Racial discrimination: Some managers and bosses are prejudiced against those who are different colors or ethnicities, and may want them to be fired so they can bring in workers who are more similar to themselves. A team of Beachbody racial discrimination attorneys in Los Angeles will be able to get you the compensation you need.
- Disability discrimination: You cannot be fired if you have a disability, whether rmental or physical, as long as you have reasonable accommodations that help you complete your duties. Some employers will deliberately take these accommodations away or require you to do things that you literally are unable to do. It is wise to sue Beachbody for disability discrimination if you were terminated due to your disability.
- Pregnancy discrimination: Pregnancy is considered a disability because you need reasonable accommodations to do many basic tasks, let alone certain job responsibilities. Maternity leave is also unpaid yet protected leave. Beachbody may want you to simply quit your job instead of taking maternity leave, since they will need someone to work in your place. If Beachbody asked you to quit because you were pregnant, you should sue Beachbody for pregnancy discrimination and illegal termination.
- Retaliation: Beachbody may retaliate against you if you bring up a claim or complaint against the company. For instance, you may have been sexually assaulted or harassed at the job, and if you went to a boss, he may have ignored it. You could have gone to the authorities to correct the issue or seek justice. If someone at Beachbody harasses you and retaliates against you, you should look for either a Beachbody harassment lawyer, Beachbody sexual assault lawyer, or a Beachbody sexual harassment lawyer.
No matter what the reason for your wrongful termination, it is important that you get help from one of our Beachbody discrimination attorneys. There are many forms of discrimination and wrongful termination that can occur, and you should speak with a lawyer to ensure that your case is viable.
What should I do to file a wrongful termination lawsuit against Beachbody?
If you were wrongfully terminated by Beachbody, it is important that you gather as much evidence as possible. You may have been discriminated against at work first and for a long time; if you were, it would be beneficial to have a journal detailing the prejudice. However, many do not keep this journal, especially if they do not expected to be fire.
It is still important to have documents detailing the discrimination. After you acquire said documents, you can collect other evidence. You should be sure to send an email or message to your boss and to your Human Resources Department to request an explanation or file a complaint. You can hold on to these exchanges to add to your claim.
Your coworkers may have seen the discrimination occur, witnessed the termination, or else been similarly mistreated or even fired themselves. It is important that you ask them for their testimonies so you can have numerous perspectives supporting your case. It is easier to prove that the company is behaving with prejudice if multiple parties were affected.
If possible, you should get security footage, audio recordings, photos, and more showing the discrimination or termination.
You may also find it beneficial to get copies of your handbook, pay statement, contract, and more to show the violations that Beachbody committed.
Once you have gathered necessary evidence, you can reach out to a lawyer who has experience in Beachbody wrongful termination cases. We know that you may be confused and uncertain of what to do after Beachbody wrongfully and illegally fired you, and we are here to help. We will hire expert witnesses and do the legwork for your case to negotiate a fair deal. Don’t hesitate to find someone who can help you sue Beachbody for wrongful termination – you deserve fair treatment and compensation.
How much is a Beachbody wrongful termination lawsuit worth?
Beachbody wrongful termination lawsuits can be worth a fair amount of money, especially in instances where individuals are assaulted or where there is deliberate mistreatment. Beachbody wrongful termination cases can have an average value of more than $100,000 in such instances. It is our goal to bring you every penny you deserve for your mistreatment and subsequent illegal termination. We will work to negotiate you the following forms of compensation:
- Lost income from the past and future
- Job reinstatement
- Pain and suffering damages
- Reimbursement of benefits and bonuses
- Punitive damages
Los Angeles Beachbody Wrongful Termination Lawyer
The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group is one of the premier law firms in Southern California. We have years of experience handling wrongful termination claims against employers and we are willing to fight tooth and nail to win your case for you. Our aggressive lawyers will stop at nothing to negotiate your rightful restitution. If we have to go to court to win your claim, we will do so.
If you are curious about the legal process, call us for a free legal consultation. We will discuss your claim and help you understand what the steps for your case will be. We will answer your questions and also inform you how much we feel your claim is worth. If you want to hire us, we will give you our zero fee guarantee as well. This states that you will not pay us any money for our services. We will get paid if we win, and if we lose, we take nothing. Either way, you will not touch your savings.