Discrimination is a large issue in many businesses. Companies can seemingly get away with whatever they want and do not answer to anyone. A lot of the times, their money will keep them out of trouble and will allow them to sweep the problems underneath the rug. One such company that can evade discrimination accusations in this manner is the Beverly Hilton Hotel. The establishment has been known to discriminate in the past against specific individuals. If you have been victimized and targeted at the chain, you should reach out to the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group for more assistance. We can provide you with a team of Beverly Hilton Hotel discrimination attorneys who can help you sue Beverly Hilton Hotel for wrongful termination.
What makes discrimination and wrongful termination illegal?
Discrimination in the workplace was outlawed thanks to numerous Federal Acts. These laws prevented discrimination in the hiring, firing, treatment, and other areas of the workforce. Among these laws are:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964: Discrimination based on race, religion, sex, and more is outlawed. It is one of the foundational laws that set the tone for anti-discrimination in the country.
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967: It is illegal to discriminate against individuals who are over the age of 40 years old.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990: Mental and physical disabilities can be facilitated with reasonable accommodations, but businesses cannot fir you for having such handicaps.
These Federal laws provide a few protections to classes of individuals. However, the states a;so have their own specific laws and protections available as well. In California, there are a few more protections. They include the following:
- Medical condition
- Political affiliations beliefs, and activities
- Veteran status
- Genetic information
- Marital status
- Sexual orientation
- Physical disability
- Victims of domestic violence, stalking, or assault
- National origin
- Age (40 years old and older)
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Mental disability
If you are discriminated against on the basis of any of these classes, you could file a Beverly Hilton Hotel wrongful termination lawsuit. It can be difficult to prove that you were discriminated against, though. You should pay careful attention to your job and learn more about what constitutes discrimination.
What are the types of discrimination at a Beverly Hilton Hotel?
Discrimination can take on many forms. In some instances, it is very apparent and overt, and you do not have to wonder if you were treated differently or with prejudice. Other times, though, your employer may mask his true intentions to preserve the company and avoid any potential lawsuits. Examples of discrimination at work that can lead to wrongful termination include the following:
- Age discrimination, in which you are targeted for being over 40 years old and told that you cannot complete certain duties or that you are a bad look for the company. A Beverly Hilton Hotel age discrimination lawyer can help you sue the company if you were targeted due to being older.
- Racial discrimination, which is often the result of prejudiced bosses and coworkers. You may be a minority and get the menial tasks or unwanted hours, and if you complain, you could be fired. Our Beverly Hilton Hotel racial discrimination attorneys in Los Angeles can ensure that you are in a discrimination-free workplace and that you are not targeted because of your race.
- Disability discrimination, which happens when you are fired for not being able to adequately complete your job duties. You are owed reasonable accommodations, but the hotel may simply not want to give them to you and would rather terminate you and find a replacement. You can sue Beverly Hilton Hotel for disability discrimination with the help of our attorneys.
- Pregnancy discrimination, or when you are mistreated during pregnancy, for taking maternity leave, and for taking time to tend to your child. You can sue Beverly Hilton Hotel for pregnancy discrimination and illegal termination. Further, the company may request that you step down from your position – if you resign, they can’t be held accountable for terminating you. If Beverly Hilton Hotel asked you to quit because you were pregnant, you should pursue appropriate legal action.
- Retaliation and sexual harassment, which happens when you are sexually assaulted or mistreated and you attempt to combat the problem. You may go to the HR department or talk with your boss, but any mention of taking legal action can be shot down and result in a termination. If Beverly Hilton Hotel harasses you and retaliates against you, contact a Beverly Hilton Hotel sexual assault lawyer or Beverly Hilton Hotel harassment lawyer for more help.
You may also be able to sue for reasons that are not directly linked to discrimination. For example, if you were out on medical leave or sick leave, you were protected and could not be fired during your absence. Some companies may do so anyway to not have to continue paying for your absence.
If you were wrongfully terminated by Beverly Hilton Hotel in any way, you can file a wrongful termination lawsuit against Beverly Hilton Hotel.
What can you do if Beverly Hilton Hotel wrongfully and illegally fired you?
There are many options if you were wrongfully terminated from a Beverly Hilton Hotel. You should gather ample evidence to present so that you can sue the company. This process should begin as soon as you start to notice the pattern of discrimination or mistreatment, which often occurs when you are still employed. You can acquire evidence such as:
- Journal with details of the discrimination, such as when it happened, what is consisted of, the duration of it, who was involved, and more
- Pictures, videos, or recordings of any mistreatment
- Emails, messages, texts, and letters from your boss or HR department concerning the mistreatment, as well as potential resolutions
- Testimonies from your coworkers or from ex-coworkers who were fired for similar reasons
- Copy of your employee handbook
- Proof of medical treatment, jury duty, medical leave, and more
- A copy of the contract you signed at the time of employment
Upon gathering this evidence, you should contact a lawyer who has experience in Beverly Hilton Hotel wrongful termination cases. We will submit the claim to the EEOC or DFEH so that they can investigate and issue a right-to-sue letter. Bear in mind that you do not have an unlimited time to submit this evidence – you must file your claim within 180 days or 300 days (respectively, for the EEOC or DFEH) or your lawsuit will be voided.
If you have never taken any legal action before, you may not know the first step to take. It is highly recommended that you work with a California wrongful termination attorney for Beverly Hilton Hotel employees so you have the best possible chance of success.
What can I win if I sue Beverly Hilton Hotel for wrongful termination?
You could sue Beverly Hilton Hotel for compensation and receive a fair sum. Beverly Hilton Hotel wrongful termination lawsuits can be worth over $250,000; further, Beverly Hilton Hotel wrongful termination cases can have an average value of more than $500,000 if there were laws broken or if you were physically injured or assaulted at the job. A lawyer who can help sue Beverly Hilton Hotel for wrongful termination can win you the maximum compensation available for your claim. We will pursue the following:
- Job reinstatement of your old position
- Lost income from the past and future
- Benefits, bonuses, and other forms of wages
- Pain and suffering damages for emotional turmoil
- Punitive damages to punish gross negligence or intentional discrimination
A lawyer with experience in Beverly Hilton Hotel wrongful termination cases will be able to win these damages for you. You should not walk away from your job if you were discriminated against – let our firm win you what you deserve.
Los Angeles Beverly Hilton Hotel Wrongful Termination Lawyer
The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group can provide you with a Beverly Hilton Hotel wrongful termination lawyers in Los Angeles if you were discriminated against at work and let go. Our firm has years of experience handling such lawsuits and we know the best methods for success. We are known for our aggressive lawyers, highly rated case results, and willingness to go to court to defend our clients in front of a judge and jury.
If you need a free legal consultation to talk about your claim and the best course of action, you can contact our firm today. We are available around the clock and will provide you with a private meeting. All of your information will be kept confidential while we talk about your claim, what it may be worth, how it can be handled, and more. If you want to hire us to handle it, we will give you our zero fee guarantee. This means that you won’t pay any money for our services and we will only get paid if we win. The hotel will cover the legal fees associated with the case. If we lose, we do not get anything at all.
Call the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group today to move forward with a wrongful termination lawsuit against the Beverly Hilton Hotel.