Blizzard Entertainment provides numerous kinds of positions in the video game industry. It is, however, a fairly close-knit group and there are many tales of individuals who have been targeted and pushed out because of certain differences. If you were discriminated against and illegally fired from the company, you could sue Blizzard Entertainment for wrongful termination. You should search for one of our Blizzard Entertainment wrongful termination lawyers in Los Angeles at the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group.
How is wrongful termination illegal?
Wrongful termination and discrimination are both illegal based on various laws and Acts. These laws include:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prevents discrimination based on race, sex, religion, color, and more
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, which prevents mistreatment and termination against those who are 40 years old or older, but does not protect those who are younger from being targeted for their age
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, which allows those with mental and physical disabilities the opportunities for accommodations and protections
- The California Family Rights Act, which protects those who go on maternity leave, take sick time, take time to care for their sick family members, and more
These laws can be explained more in-depth if you reach out to a lawyer who can help sue Blizzard Entertainment for wrongful termination. We will gladly walk you through hteh legal process and make sure you understand the nuances of the law.
What are types of wrongful termination I can suffer while at Blizzard Entertainment?
It is important to identify the reason as to why Blizzard Entertainment wrongfully and illegally fired you. This can be very difficult to uncover, though, as many managers and bosses will simply hide their real reasons and ensure that they are not found out. Some of the common forms of wrongful termination include:
- Racial discrimination: If you find yourself targeted at the company for no other reason than your race or color, you may be a victim of racial prejudice. Your boss could have an inherent dislike against people of color and may not treat any of them fairly. Our Blizzard Entertainment racial discrimination attorneys in Los Angeles will be able to discern his motives and work on a lawsuit for you.
- Age discrimination: Individuals who are over the age of 40 and are targeted for not knowing certain technology or for having different standards and requirements for employment and benefits can potentially file a lawsuit against Blizzard. A Blizzard Entertainment age discrimination lawyer will be of great assistance to you.
- Disability discrimination: Those who are mentally or physically disabled can be given reasonable accommodations to make their jobs easier. Some employers refuse to do this, though, and instead choose to fire them for their disabilities you can sue Blizzard Entertainment for disability discrimination if you were denied accommodations and were let go for your issues.
- Pregnancy discrimination: Pregnancy discrimination occurs to women who are pregnant or who have recently had a child and wish to go on maternity leave. They have protected leave available for 3 months, but some employers will hire someone instead of terminate the woman. To avoid some instances of discrimination, Blizzard will simply ask the individual to resign. You should sue Blizzard Entertainment for pregnancy discrimination and illegal termination if Blizzard Entertainment asked you to quit because you were pregnant.
- Retaliation: Many victims of retaliation were sexually assaulted in some way at work or were otherwise targeted. If a manager or worker at Blizzard Entertainment harasses you and retaliates against you, a Blizzard Entertainment harassment lawyer can help you fight the company. You can also seek assistance from a Blizzard Entertainment sexual assault lawyer or Blizzard Entertainment sexual harassment lawyer.
If you were wrongfully terminated by Blizzard Entertainment, you should come to our firm for more assistance. We will be able to determine the reason behind your termination and will be able to file an acceptable claim.
What steps should I take to file a Blizzard Entertainment wrongful termination lawsuit?
If you were wrongfully terminated by Blizzard Entertainment, you should seek legal action. In order to file a wrongful termination lawsuit against Blizzard Entertainment, you will need to acquire sufficient evidence. This evidence may be collected while you are still at the job – it is often necessary to do so if you were discriminated against and faced heavy mistreatment, as in cases where your hours were cut or you were forced to complete dangerous or demeaning duties. However, it is not the end of your case if you did not collect anything prior to your termination.
You should follow these steps to ensure that you have an adequate wrongful termination case:
- Speak with your boss or with someone from the Human Resources Department to bring up the discrimination and mistreatment, and hold onto any emails and messages from these individuals
- Keep a journal or collection of the discrimination and mistreatment as it happened at the company so that you can easily refer back to it
- Collect hard evidence such as photos of discriminatory objects or messages, surveillance or security footage of the mistreatment occurring, audio recordings or voicemails showing how the individual mistreated you or was plotting to illegally fire you, and more
- Collect statements from individuals and coworkers at your job who saw the discrimination or were present for the firing, and also talk with other coworkers who left the company or were fired illegally
- If you signed a contract when you accepted the position, present it as evidence, especially if it has provisions about what you can and cannot be fired for
- Get a copy of your employee handbook to refer to
- Provide proof of any medical condition, necessity for leave, voting slip, jury duty summons, and other proof that you can
After you have collected this proof, you should seek out the help of one of our Blizzard Entertainment discrimination attorneys. We believe that all victims of wrongful termination should get expert assistance from those who know the law. If you have not handled a claim before, you will lack the necessary experience and knowledge to win. It is best if you leave the claim up to a lawyer with experience in Blizzard Entertainment wrongful termination cases. We will handle everything from start to finish while you focus on finding a new job or completing other duties in your time of unemployment.
What compensation can I win from a wrongful termination claim against Blizzard Entertainment?
Individuals who were discriminated against or wrongfully fired from Blizzard Entertainment should be fairly compensated for their ordeals. It is not fair for you to lose out on fair wages and other perks because a manager at Blizzard Entertainment was prejudiced against you. It is our goal to bring you the maximum settlement available for your case. We will strive to recover the following damages for you:
- Lost income that you could not earn due to your termination
- Missed benefits, promotions, bonuses, and more that were not available because you were fired
- Pain and suffering damages to account for the emotional pain and suffering that you went through after dealing with the ordeal
- Job reinstatement if you wish to return to your previous position at the company
- Punitive damages if the individuals responsible acted with gross negligence, intentional discrimination, or deliberately mistreated you during your time at the company
Blizzard Entertainment wrongful termination lawsuits can be worth over $250,000. The value of your wrongful termination lawsuit depends on the discrimination you suffered, the amount of wages you lost, and if there were any other circumstances that contributed to the issue. For example, sexual assault can create more opportunities for additional compensation. The total worth of your case will be determined initially by a representative from the company or an insurance agent, and we will make sure that the end offer is respectable and fully covers you. Blizzard Entertainment wrongful termination cases can have an average value of six figures, but only a lawyer who has experience in Blizzard Entertainment wrongful termination cases will be able to secure this much for you.
Blizzard Entertainment Wrongful Termination Attorney in California
To find an adequate California wrongful termination attorney for Blizzard Entertainment employees, look no further than the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group. We have the best and most successful lawyers around, and our firm is known for its history of victorious settlements and verdicts. Our attorneys are aggressive and willing to go to court if we must to fight for your rightful damages.
Contact our law offices today to receive a free legal consultation to talk about your case, its value, the steps to take, and more. We encourage you to ask us questions and we will give you the expert answers you need. If you want us to handle your claim, we will also give you our zero fee guarantee, which is a promise that we will get paid if and only if we win, and the money will come from the settlement that Blizzard gives us. If we lose, we will not receive any money at all, and you won’t owe a dime to our firm.
To sue Blizzard for wrongful termination, get in touch with our law firm, the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group.