If you were wrongfully terminated by Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, you should take appropriate legal action and fight back. There are many ways in which you can be discriminated against or in which your employer has no legal right to fire you. Too often, the employer does not even know that he is acting illegally. You could be mistreated in a variety of ways at Cedars Sinai Hospital, and you should not have to stand for such actions. Fortunately, there are many options for you to file a wrongful termination lawsuit against Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group can provide you with a lawyer with experience in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center wrongful termination cases if you wish to take legal action.
How can I be wrongfully fired at Cedars Sinai Hospital?
There are various ways that you can be wrongfully fired at Cedars Sinai Hospital. One of the primary reasons that workers get terminated is due to discrimination of some kind. Discrimination can take on many forms, including the following:
- Age discrimination: You may be discriminated against because you are over the age of 40 years old. Your boss may not think that you have the right mindset for the job or that you are unfamiliar with updated or newer technology because of your age. This is illegally, and if you are fired because of it, a Cedars-Sinai Medical Center age discrimination lawyer can assist you with a claim.
- Race discrimination: Many workers and employers are biased in some way. Bosses at Cedars Sinai Hospital have been known to take preference over some ethnic groups and make sure that the others are given unfavorable hours, denied promotions, and more. In the worst cases, these individuals are terminated because they are a different race, ethnicity, or color. Our Cedars-Sinai Medical Center racial discrimination attorneys in Los Angeles can help file a lawsuit against the hospital.
- Disability discrimination: It is illegal for employers to fire you if you are disabled or if you ask for reasonable accommodations so you can complete your job duties. Often, your employer may try to simply hire someone else who does not need any accommodations. You can sue Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for disability discrimination if this happens.
- Pregnancy discrimination: Pregnancy is a disability under the law because you cannot complete certain job duties and your physical state is compromised. You can request reasonable accommodations while you are at work, and you are entitled to maternity leave upon the birth of your child. However, many employers will simply fire you if you elect to take this leave, or will try to get you to quit ahead of time. You can sue Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for pregnancy discrimination and illegal termination if Cedars-Sinai Medical Center asked you to quit because you were pregnant.
- Retaliation: If you were retaliated against and fired for actions you took against the company, you can file a Cedars-Sinai Medical Center wrongful termination lawsuit. Retaliation usually happens after you have expressed your anger with actions from someone at the company or after you have suffered some kind of incident, such as being sexually assaulted or harassed. If Cedars-Sinai Medical Center harasses you and retaliates against you, you should reach out to a Cedars-Sinai Medical Center sexual harassment lawyer for more assistance. A Cedars-Sinai Medical Center sexual assault lawyer can ensure that you are given the most effective advice and will take on your case for you.
- Religious discrimination: If you are denied prayer time at work, made to adhere to a dress code instead of religious garments, or ultimately fired because you follow a different religion, you can sue Cedars Sinai Hospital.
- Breach of contract: You may have signed a contract at the beginning of your employment that outlines the conditions under which you can be terminated. If your employer breaks this contract, he can be taken to court, fined, and you could receive damages stemming from the wrongful termination.
- Violation of public policy: You cannot be fired if you elect to take leave to go vote in an election or to serve on a jury. Your employer may try to use this against you, and if he does, you can take legal action.
- Violation of leave: You cannot be terminated if you were on medical leave, pregnancy leave, maternity leave, or another form of protected leave.
A lawyer who can help sue Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for wrongful termination can give you more details on how to take legal action. If you feel you were wrongfully fired, you should reach out to our offices for more assistance.
What are laws preventing wrongful termination?
There are a number of laws that prevent wrongful termination. They exist on both Federal and State levels. They affect what you can be fired for and what types of classes and qualities are protected. A short list of laws includes:
- Civil Rights Act of 1964, which outlaws discrimination and termination based on race, religion, sex, ethnicity, and more
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, which prevents discrimination against those over the age of 40 years old
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, which protects those with disabilities and who need accommodations
- The California Family Rights Act, which outlines laws and regulations for maternity leave, as well as leave for taking care of a sick family member or medical leave to attend to your own serious health condition
The protected classes in California also include those that are Federally protected as well as some others. They are:
- Sexual orientation
- Nation of origin
- HIV/AIDS affliction
- Status as victim of assault, stalking, or domestic violence
- Genetic information
- Marital status
- Gender expression
- Gender identity
- Medical condition
- Military or veteran status
- Political beliefs and affiliations
If Cedars-Sinai Medical Center wrongfully and illegally fired you for any of the above reasons, call our Cedars-Sinai Medical Center discrimination attorneys for more help.
How should I prove that I was discriminated against at Cedars Sinai Hospital?
In order to file a lawsuit for wrongful termination, you will need proof of the mistreatment and reasoning. It can be difficult to acquire said proof if you have already been terminated. If you feel that you are being discriminated against while still at a job and you believe you may be fired very soon, it is wise to collect information and evidence ahead of time. You should also try to communicate with your boss and HR department to resolve the issue, but this may not be possible. The evidence should include:
- A journal with information about the harassment, mistreatment, discrimination, and more, all in detail
- Statements from coworkers and other individuals who may have been fired, but this can be tricky to get because your fellow workers may be afraid of losing their own jobs if they provide you with testimonies
- Messages and emails exchanged with HR, your boss, and others
- Pictures, videos, recordings, security footage, or other proof that you were discriminated against or that your boss vocalized the termination for an illegal reason
- A copy of the handbook your employer has about your working situation
- A copy of the contract you may have signed at the start of your employer
- Additional proof for leave, such as medical bills, doctor’s notes, proof of jury duty, and more
Once you have acquired all of this evidence, you can submit it to a California wrongful termination attorney for Cedars Sinai Hospital employees. It will be organized and sent to the necessary department for review. The EEOC or DFEH will look it over, depending on if you want to sue based on Federal or State violations. Once the right-to-sue letter is returned, you can sue Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for wrongful termination.
What is the value of a wrongful termination lawsuit against Cedars Sinai Hospital?
Cedars Sinai Hospital wrongful termination cases can have an average value of over $250,000 in some cases. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center wrongful termination lawsuits can be worth over $1,000,000 if the discrimination is egregious or there are violent incidents involved as well. The insurance agent will look over your claim and determine the offer. Our Cedars-Sinai Medical Center wrongful termination lawyers in Los Angeles will seek to win the following:
- Back pay and future payments
- Job reinstatement
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages
- Lawyer’s fees
- Reimbursement for lost bonuses, promotions, benefits, and more
Don’t hesitate to reach out to a lawyer who has experience in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center wrongful termination cases if you wish to take legal action. You may not have any legal experience, and a skilled attorney can ensure that you are victorious with your lawsuit.
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Wrongful Termination Attorney in California
If you need a Cedars-Sinai Medical Center harassment lawyer or a Cedars Sinai Hospital discrimination attorney, look no further than the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group. We have a team of expert lawyers with ample experience in wrongful termination cases and we will do all we can to win your claim. Our attorneys are aggressive and do not give up under any circumstances.
Call for a free legal consultation to discuss your case. All consultations are totally confidential and we will not reveal your private details with anyone. If you want to hire us, we will make sure you pay no out of pocket fees. Our zero fee guarantee states that we will get paid from Cedars Sinai Hospital if we win, and if we lose, we take no money at all.
To get started on your wrongful termination lawsuit against Cedars Sinai Hospital, contact the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group today.