Businesses should always be held accountable for how they treat their workers. Some locations are rife with violations and breaches of regulation, but do not get punished and the employees suffer. We know that there are many companies that behave like this, such as the Hilton Hotel, and we wish to change the atmosphere and bring you the compensation you deserve. Employers should not mistreat or discriminate their workers, nor should they illegally terminated them. Our Los Angeles law firm, the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group, is here to help you sue Hilton Hotel for wrongful termination.
How is discrimination outlawed?
Discrimination is outlawed in the country thanks to a few Federal Acts, and in each state, specific laws have also been passed to further the justice. Federally, the laws that protect individuals are:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964: Protects individuals based on race, color, sex, religion, and more
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967: Protects individuals over the age of 40 years old
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990: Allows those with physical and mental disabilities to pursue the same jobs at companies without facing termination for needing reasonable accommodations
- The California Family Rights Act: Establishes guidelines for maternity leave, caretaking, and medical leave for treatment of serious conditions.
California also offers many more protections than the Federalgovernent does. These protectons allow you to pursue legal action if you were discriminated against, but only on a State-level. They are:
- Sexual orientation
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Marital statutes
- Veteran status
- Domestic violence or stalking victim status
- Genetic information
- Physical disability
- Mental disability
- Nation of origin
- Medical condition
You should not be mistreated on the basis of any quality outside of your job capabilities and performance. Your employer is aware of this, but many individuals simply ignore it because they know the chance of retaliation and being caught is slim. You should pursue a Hilton Hotel wrongful termination lawsuit if you were illegally fired for any of the above reasons.
What are types of discrimination at work?
Discrimination can take on many forms at the workplace. Your boss may decide to terminate you because he is prejudiced. It is important that you be able to determine when actions are discriminatory in nature. If you cannot decipher a good enough reason that you were fired, you may be the victim of wrongful termination. Our Hilton Hotel discrimination attorneys can give you more information about the following:
- Racial discrimination: Perhaps the most prevalent form of discrimination, racial discrimination can occur at a hotel when a boss or manager is biased and prejudiced against you. He may fire you for being a different color or ethnicity, but he may conceal his intentions and reasons. Our Hilton Hotel racial discrimination attorneys in Los Angeles will do all we can to prove that he was discriminating against you.
- Age discrimination: Age discrimination occurs when individuals are targeted for being over the age of 40 years old. This is primarily due to technological advancement, desire of benefits and leave packages, and the look of the employees (as in, the hotel may prioritize youthfulness). Businesses may find it more prudent to have a high turnover rate with younger workers than it is to keep certain people employed. If you are mistreated or fired because of your age, contact a Hilton Hotel age discrimination lawyer today.
- Disability discrimination: Individuals with disabilities must be given reasonable accommodations of some kind. If they are refused these accommodations on no viable grounds and terminated, the company can be in deep trouble. You should not be refused such treatment or fired for having a disability. You can sue Hilton Hotel for disability discrimination in such a case.
- Pregnancy discrimination: Pregnancy discrimination can take on many forms. It even crosses paths with disability discrimination due to the fact that pregnancy is technically a disability and requires reasonable accommodations to work through. You may be denied maternity leave or fired when you take it, or you may simply be told that it is better for you to resign instead of trying to come back to the company ace such a long layoff. If Hilton Hotel asked you to quit because you were pregnant, then you should contact an attorney to sue Hilton Hotel for pregnancy discrimination and illegal termination.
- Retaliation: Retaliation is often used by Hilton to target workers who fought back. They may have been victims of wage violations or they were sexually assaulted on the job, but none of the complaints went through. You could have went to the authorities or media and the hotel decided it was time to fire you. If a worker at Hilton Hotel harasses you and retaliates against you, you should take legal action. You can contact a Hilton Hotel harassment lawyer, Hilton Hotel sexual assault lawyer, or Hilton Hotel sexual harassment lawyer for more assistance.
Regardless of the reason that Hilton Hotel wrongfully and illegally fired you, it is important that you work to file a wrongful termination lawsuit against Hilton Hotel. If you were wrongfully terminated by Hilton Hotel, seeking your rightful compensation is the proper course of action.
How can I sue for wrongful termination at a Hilton Hotel?
If you wish to sue Hilton Hotel for wrongful termination, you must be able to prove that you were illegally fired. The evidence you will need for this can be gathered from your job and from other individuals or coworkers. If you feel that you are suffering discrimination and mistreatment, you should begin collecting your evidence in a journal in which you detail all of the occurrences. You can also go to your boss or Human Resources Department to try and resolve the issue, but make sure that you keep copies of any correspondence.
Other pieces of evidence you can acquire include:
- Photos, recordings, and videos of the discrimination
- Job performance reviews
- Statements from coworkers supporting your claim
- Email messages
- Statements from individuals who were also fired or wrongfully terminated
- A copy of your handbook to refer to
- A copy of any contract you signed
- Proof of jury duty or voting
- Proof of medical conditions
Once you have gathered this evidence, you should submit it to a lawyer who has experience in Hilton Hotel wrongful termination cases. We will organize it and separate it, and we will also hire expert witnesses and conduct our own investigation. We will then file the claim through either the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, a Federal entity, or the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, a California entity. We can move forward once the entity sends us a right to sue letter.
You have 300 days to file a lawsuit under the DFEH and 180 days to file a claim under the EEOC. If you are filing a claim against the government, though, you only have 45 days to sue. Moreover, the statute of limitations, or time limit, increases or is suspended when the defendant is not present in the state. It is important that you act quickly or contact a lawyer with experience in Hilton Hotel wrongful termination cases. We can help you determine how much time you have left on your case. It is especially recommended to speak with a lawyer who can help sue Hilton Hotel for wrongful termination if you are unsure about any details, evidence, or time left.
What is the value of my claim?
Hilton Hotel wrongful termination lawsuits can be worth over $100,000 if you were fired and cheated out of ample wages and income. Hilton Hotel wrongful termination cases can have an average value of more than $1,000,000 if there were some element of harassment or violence in your case. We will strive to bring you the maximum settlement available, and we will pursue the following:
Let our Hilton Hotel wrongful termination lawyers in Los Angeles work to bring you what you need. If you have not taken any action in a court of law, you may not have any experience with lawsuits. If you try to file a claim without knowing the details of employment law and regulations, you could be in a tough place and have no ability to secure any restitution. Let our firm assist you.
Hilton Hotel Wrongful Termination Attorney in California
The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group is the #1 choice for wrongful termination claims against the Hilton Hotel chain. We know how to maneuver through these claims and win cases with the most effective strategies. Our aggressive lawyers do not back down from any case, and we will always pursue your maximum compensation. We will go to court if we must to prove that your worker rights were violated.
For a free legal consultation, call our law offices today. We can help you understand the value of your case and answer any questions or concerns you may have. We will also assure you of your finances with our zero fee guarantee. This guarantees that you won’t pay any money win or lose. We will get our fees covered with a portion of the settlement if we win, and we will receive nothing if we lose.
Don’t wait to call a California wrongful termination attorney for Hilton Hotel employees at the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group if you need legal representation.