Raytheon, a weapons and defense contracting company, is a lesser-known-to-the-public entity that primarily provides such materials to the military and similar organizations. Despite its high usage, there are still many managers and such that are prejudiced and will do all they can to remove people they do not agree with from the company. They may be racist, sexist, and more. If you have been working at Raytheon and you find yourself terminated, you should question if the termination legal and look into legal options if it was against the law. The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group can help you sue Raytheon for wrongful termination. You should not try to handle a claim by yourself if you were wrongfully terminated by Raytheon; a lawyer who has experience in Raytheon wrongful termination cases will be the best benefit possible to your case.
What are wrongful termination laws?
Wrongful termination is prohibited based on numerous laws present in the Federal Constitution and State’s laws. These various Acts aim to increase the acceptance at work, decrease the unfairness and prejudice, and maintain a positive and equal work environment for all individuals. Sadly, many employers do not abide by these tenets, and end up letting their own prejudices rule their choices.
The laws that refer to wrongful termination and employment practices include the following:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964, a law that disallows employers from discriminating against individuals at any point of the employment process based on their race, religion, sex, ethnicity, color, and more
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, a law that was designed to help those who were over the age of 40 years old from being targeted for various reasons
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, which helps individuals with mental and physical disabilities from being targeted and from not being given their reasonable accommodations
States also generally have specific laws that they can adhere to. California has the CFRA, which is an Act that outlines rules and regulations for people who wish to take maternity leave, sick leave, and leave for caretaking.
To file a Raytheon wrongful termination lawsuit based on some form of discrimination, you can call a lawyer with experience in Raytheon wrongful termination cases at our firm.
What are forms of wrongful termination at Raytheon?
Raytheon can wrongfully terminate you in many ways. The company can also mistreat you and make it so that your time there is filled with unfairness. It would not be uncommon for Raytheon to give you reduced hours or write you up for little transgressions, or to specifically nitpick you. These are tactics that are common with employers who are prejudiced but cannot outright fire someone; instead, the actions are meant to force your hand and cause you to quit, so that the company has no responsibility for the departure.
Some kinds of wrongful termination include:
- Breach of contract, which occurs when you signed a document outlining the conditions of employment and termination. Raytheon cannot breach this contract in firing you or they can be held accountable.
- Violation of public policy, which usually happens when someone is fired for taking leave to go vote in an election or to serve on a jury for jury duty. Their jobs must be protected if they obey these civil duties.
- Retaliation, which often occurs after someone has filed a complaint within the company or has gone and alerted others to wrongdoings. This often happens after someone has been harassed or sexually assaulted. If someone from Raytheon harasses you and retaliates against you, you need a lawyer who can help sue Raytheon for wrongful termination. It would benefit your case to have a Raytheon harassment lawyer, Raytheon sexual assault lawyer, or Raytheon sexual harassment lawyer deal with your claim.
- Disability discrimination, which usually involves mistreatment and refusal to grant any reasonable accommodations to deal with the incapacity to work. You should sue Raytheon for disability discrimination if it occurs and you are fired.
- Pregnancy discrimination, which is actually a form disability discrimination since you can request reasonable accommodations throughout the duration. Many mothers are denied maternity leave or they lose their jobs while away, while others can simply be asked to step down or quit. If Raytheon asked you to quit because you were pregnant or otherwise fired you, you could sue Raytheon for pregnancy discrimination and illegal termination.
- Racial discrimination, which may occur when you are outright targeted because of the color of your skin or a similar reason. Our Raytheon racial discrimination attorneys in Los Angeles will take your case and fight so that you are appropriately compensated.
- Age discrimination, or facing termination because you are over 40 years old, usually happens in the wake of new technology or to keep up a youthful aesthetic at the company. A Raytheon age discrimination lawyer from our firm can help you sue for damages.
Our Raytheon discrimination attorneys can assist you if Raytheon wrongfully and illegally fired you. You should not be expected to walk away from the incident if there was any kind of discrimination or prejudice against you.
What should I do to file a wrongful termination lawsuit against Raytheon?
If you wish to sue Raytheon for their actions and prejudice that lead to you being wrongfully terminate, you will need ample evidence of the mistreatment. This evidence can be hard to acquire if you cannot return to your job, which is why we always recommend collecting a large amount of evidence while still employed,, just in case something does happen.
Therefore, you should already have a journal detailing the incidents, or you should have messages and emails to your boss or to the Human Resources Department that try to address the issue. If you were mistreated and still suffered, you can use these files to prove that nothing was done and it had been happening for a long period of time.
You can ask any eyewitnesses to contribute to your claim by providing their statements and testimonies. They may have witnessed the discrimination or firing or even been wrongfully fired themselves. Workers who are still employer can be difficult to add, though, as they may fear retaliation.
If possible, you could get video or surveillance footage of the termination and add it to your case, or you could have audio proof of the real reason behind your termination. It will be very hard to get either, even if you were to record it yourself.
Additional evidence can also be added to your claim, such as a copy of the contract of your employment, the handbook your company uses, proof of leave, and more.
Upon gathering all this evidence, you should reach out to a California wrongful termination attorney for Raytheon employees. We will organize it and submit it to either the EEOC or the DFEH to investigate further, depending on if you wish to o through a Federal or State agency. We will also negotiate a fair deal upon interacting with your company.
How much is a wrongful termination claim against Raytheon work?Raytheon wrongful termination lawsuits can be worth a lot of money. Some Raytheon wrongful termination cases can have an average value of more than $250,000, especially if they have some element of harassment in it. Our goal is to secure you every penny you need if you were illegally fired at work. We will bring you the following:
- Lost income from the past and future
- Reinstatement of your old job position at work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages
You should not hesitate to take legal action. Our firm knows how to win you the maximum compensation available for your claim, and you may have numerous bills and expenses that still need to be paid off. Losing your job, income, and security can be a huge shock, and if you were unfairly fired, you should fight back.
Raytheon Wrongful Termination Attorney in California
At the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group, our Raytheon wrongful termination lawyers in Los Angeles will work around the clock to secure you the money you need. We are skilled and experienced, and our attorneys do not give up. We are known for being aggressive and for our extensive track record of successful claims.
Call us today if you want to schedule a free legal consultation to discuss your claim. We will tell you how much we think it is worth and how the legal process will unfold. If you have any specific questions or queries, we encourage you to ask them – we are here to make sure you are appropriately informed, as well.
If you hire us to handle your claim, we will make sure you pay no out of pocket fees because of our zero fee guarantee. This says that we will only get paid if we win, and the money will come from the settlement brought to you. If we lose, we do not take any money from you. We eat the costs of the case ourselves.
To sue Raytheon for wrongful termination, get in touch with the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group.