There can be many problems that arise at medical centers and hospitals. There is often a chain of command some bias present, and given how large medical groups are, this is no surprise. Prejudice and wrongful actions are everywhere, but that does not mean that you should accept them without a protest. If you were the victim of mistreatment and discrimination at Torrance Memorial Hospital, you could take legal action. If you were wrongfully terminated by Torrance Memorial Hospital, you should, of course, file a wrongful termination lawsuit against Torrance Memorial Hospital. A lawyer with experience in Torrance Memorial Hospital wrongful termination cases can assist you with your claim. Our law firm, the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group, will provide you with a California wrongful termination attorney for Torrance Memorial Hospital employees when you call us.
Are wrongful termination and discrimination outlawed?
Yes, wrongful termination and discrimination are both outlawed thanks to various Federal Acts and State Laws. The different laws apply to different qualities and traits. For example, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 specifically says that employers cannot discriminate based on race, color, sex, ethnicity, religion, nation of origin, and more. Some employers adhere to the branching terms that are associated with each, while others strictly adhere to the letter of the law.
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 is an Act that is much more specific. It states that all people who suffer from mental or physical conditions or disabilities must be given reasonable accommodations to complete their job duties, and if they cannot be given those accommodations, they can be let go. It is illegal to fire someone based on a disability, especially if no chances for reasonable accommodations were granted.
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 took notice of those who were being discriminated against for being older and protected them. Individuals over the age of 4 are not able to be fired because of their age. This law has been called into question because it does not protect inversely; that is, younger individuals are not protected at all.
In California, the California Family Rights Act has different regulations. It outlines the amount of time that can be taken for maternity leave, as well as sick leave to take care of a personal medical condition or to take care of a family member who has a medical condition.
It is important to understand the laws of your specific state. California, for instance, is a state with at-will employment, which means that an employer can fire a worker at any point, for any reason or no reason, provided the reason is not illegal. Likewise, the employee can leave whenever he wishes. Contracts can alleviate these pressures, but the threat of wrongful termination is still present – there is almost no way to quickly determine if you were fired for an illegal reason, especially if you have no evidence.
For this reason, it is important that you call a lawyer who has experience in Torrance Memorial Hospital wrongful termination cases. If Torrance Memorial Hospital wrongfully and illegally fired you, you may need all the help you can get to win compensation for your damages.
What are examples of wrongful termination?
Wrongful termination can happen in many ways. It can happen out of nowhere from orders behind closed doors or from higher up in the company, or it can happen after you were sexually assaulted and you pursued action against your employer. Examples of wrongful termination can be found below:
- Age discrimination, such as being fired from a nursing position for being too old, or getting terminated from a secretarial job for not being a certain age anymore. A Torrance Memorial Hospital age discrimination lawyer can file your claim for you.
- Racial discrimination, which is often the result of being a minority in a place that is not comprised of people of color. Our Torrance Memorial Hospital racial discrimination attorneys in Los Angeles know that many locations are hard to work in due to a lack of minorities, which can lead to mistreatment and discrimination. If you were fired, docked pay, or outright harmed because of your race or color, our Torrance Memorial Hospital discrimination attorneys will help.
- Disability discrimination, or being fired because your disability prevented you from completing duties without assistance or more time. You can sue Torrance Memorial Hospital for disability discrimination in such a case.
- Pregnancy discrimination, which often happens during the actual child-bearing time in which your pregnancy is actually a disability, and afterward during maternity leave, which can be denied for no reason or not protected (resulting in someone taking your job once you leave). You can sue Torrance Memorial Hospital for pregnancy discrimination and illegal termination. Additionally, it is possible that, in order to avoid keeping an empty position, the hospital could ask you to step down or quit. If Torrance Memorial Hospital asked you to quit because you were pregnant, you can sue Torrance Memorial Hospital for wrongful termination.
- Retaliation, which happens when you fight back against the company because of how they treated you. If someone from Torrance Memorial Hospital harasses you and retaliates against you, you should reach out to a Torrance Memorial Hospital harassment lawyer or Torrance Memorial Hospital sexual assault lawyer for more assistance.
Regardless of the type of discrimination, you should get in touch with a lawyer who can help sue Torrance Memorial Hospital for wrongful termination. You may need a Torrance Memorial Hospital sexual harassment lawyer, and we can point you in the right direction.
How can I file a Torrance Memorial Hospital wrongful termination lawsuit?
If you wish to sue Torrance Memorial Hospital for wrongful termination, you will need ample proof of the mistreatment. This can be gathered while you are still working in the form of a journal or diary detailing all of the discrimination. You should make sure to keep the following pieces of evidence:
- Emails, messages, texts, and other documents showing that you communicated with Human Resources about the issue, but no actions were taken to resolve it
- Statements and written testimonies from coworkers who witnessed the discrimination or overheard the true reasoning for it
- Former coworkers’ statements if they were also terminated or illegally fired
- Photographs, video evidence, and audio recording of the discrimination
- A copy of any contract you signed to show what was breached
- A copy of your employee handbook if there are clear violations from your employer
- Proof of medical leave or any other leave
Once you have gathered all of this evidence, contact one of our attorneys. We will organize it and submit it to the proper channel for consideration. The EEOC or the DFEH will get back to us and will issue a right to sue letter. From there, we can move forward with a lawsuit against Torrance Memorial Hospital.
What is the worth of a wrongful termination lawsuit against Torrance Memorial Hospital?
Torrance Memorial Hospital wrongful termination cases can have an average value of over $250,000 if you were victimized or if you were forced out of your position and wound up suffering numerous economic losses. Torrance Memorial Hospital wrongful termination lawsuits can be worth a lot of money if you can prove the hospital, boss, or doctor acted with willful negligence or prejudice, too. We will work to bring you the following damages:
- Reinstatement into your previous job position after you have been released
- Pain and suffering damages for the various emotional trauma you went through
- Lost wages and income from the time you could not work or were prevented from doing so because of specific traits
- Benefits, promotion, tips, and other forms of pay that could have been earned at your job
- Punitive damages
You should pursue the maximum settlement amount available for your case. We will do everything in our power to win you the compensation you deserve, and we will not stop until we are satisfied with the result.
Los Angeles Torrance Memorial Hospital Wrongful Termination Lawyer
If you are in search of expert Torrance Memorial Hospital wrongful termination lawyers in Los Angeles, you can come to our firm, the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group. We have years of experience handling employment claims and wrongful termination lawsuits, and we know the best methods to win you the restitution you need. Our aggressive lawyers will go to any lengths to win your lawsuit, even going to court if need be.
For a free legal consultation, reach out to our firm. We will discuss your case with you and how much we feel your claim is worth. If you have any particular questions, we will gladly answer them. Further, we will ensure that you don’t spend any out of pocket expenses on your case. We will hire expert witnesses and cover the legal costs ourselves, and we will only get paid if we win. If we lose, we take no money at all. Either way, our fees will be paid as part of the settlement won for you, not a separate amount from your savings.
Let our wrongful termination attorneys at the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group file a claim against Torrance Memorial Hospital for you.