There are many laws that dictate whether or not employee treatment is legal. There are wage and hour law, hiring laws, and discrimination laws. Discrimination is one of the key reasons that workers are wrongfully fired. Unfortunately, there are many prejudiced individuals in the workforce, and some of them hold positions of power over others. Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham is one such location where individuals can be wrongfully terminated. You should know that you can sue Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham for wrongful termination, and a lawyer with experience in Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham wrongful termination cases can assist you. Our law group, the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group, can provide you with a team of qualified Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham discrimination attorneys to handle your case.
What are laws concerning discrimination?
There are various laws in place to combat workplace discrimination. Wrongful termination is but one of the results of mistreatment at work, and it is deliberately mentioned in Federal laws and statutes. A few of the Federal laws that concern discrimination include:
- Civil Rights Act of 1964 (outlaws racial, religious, sex, and ethnic discrimination)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (outlaws discrimination against those over the age of 40 years old)
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (outlaws discrimination against those with mental and physical disabilities)
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act (outlaws discrimination based on maternity leave, pregnancy, accommodations, and more)
Further, California has written its own laws to prevent discrimination. The Fair Employment and Housing Act and the California Family Rights Act are meant to protect workers from mistreatment. The CFRA in particular contains regulations for maternity leave, sick leave, caretaking, and more. The state also has additional protected classes, which can be found below:
- Mental disability
- Physical disability
- Age (40 years old and older)
- Genetic details
- Marital status
- Sexual orientation
- Nation ff origin
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- AIDS/HIV affliction
- Medical conditions
- Political beliefs, activities, or affiliations
- Military or veteran status
- Victims of domestic violence, physical or sexual assault, or stalking
If Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham wrongfully and illegally fired you for any of the above reasons, you can contact our law firm to file a Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham wrongful termination lawsuit.
How can I be wrongfully terminated?
At a location like Travelodge, you can be wrongfully terminated in a number of ways. There are some that are more common than others, but it pays to be aware of what is legal and what is not. For instance, if you sign a contract that outlines the terms and conditions of your employment, there may be a clause that defines what you can be terminated for. If your employer ignores this clause and fires you anyway, you can likely sue. Further, your employer s legally required to grant you leave in some scenarios, such as for jury duty and voting. If you choose to invoke these rights and take time off work, you do not need to worry about your job being in danger. However, employers will still terminate people for these alleged infractions. This is why it is important to understand the law, and if you are confused, you can talk to a lawyer who has experience in Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham wrongful termination cases.
Other forms of wrongful termination include:
- Disability discrimination, which involves an employer preventing you from taking reasonable accommodations at the workplace to counter your disabilities. Instead of providing you with such accommodations, he may simply elect to fire you. You should reach out to a sue Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham for disability discrimination for assistance.
- Age discrimination, which can involve simply being fired for being deemed too old to work in the service or hospitality industry. You should speak with a Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham age discrimination lawyer for assistance.
- Racial discrimination, or simple mistreatment because of ethnicity or color. It is common in the workforce to have prejudiced or biased individuals fire others for their races. Our Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham racial discrimination attorneys in Los Angeles can not only bring you compensation, but see to it that the individuals are punished for their actions.
- Pregnancy discrimination, which often happens to women who are both pregnant during their jobs and who ask for maternity leave. They may not be given reasonable accommodations, which they are privy due to pregnancy being a disability, and they may be fired for taking maternity leave. To avoid the backlash, Travelodge may ask the women to resign from their positions or concede to someone else. If Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham asked you to quit because you were pregnant, you could sue Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham for pregnancy discrimination and illegal termination.
Additionally, you may be fired in retaliation for actions you took. It is possible that you could have already been mistreated or discriminated against in the workplace, but you did not get fired. You may have been sexually assaulted r harassed, but any complaints fell on deaf ears. It is wise to hire a Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham sexual assault lawyer or Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham sexual harassment lawyer to handle your case. If an employee or boss at Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham harasses you and retaliates against you, you may be out of a job if you fight back.
Regardless of the reason, if you were wrongfully terminated by Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham, you should take action. You can call us to file a wrongful termination lawsuit against Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham.
What should I do to sue Travelodge for wrongful termination?
If you wish to file a claim for wrongful termination, you will need adequate evidence n your side. If you were already discriminated against, it helps to have ample proof of the mistreatment. You should have also spoken to HR about what to do and voiced your concerns. However, HR may not have been responsive, and your boss may not have listened, either. If you have the ability, you should collect the following forms of evidence:
- Journal with details about the mistreatment, scenarios, and circumstances under which you were fired
- Photos of any discriminatory materials
- Recordings of statements from your boss if you were being targeted
- Videos and security footage showing mistreatment
- Testimonies from coworkers (these statements may be difficult to get, as many coworkers are fearful of retaliation by the company)
- Statements from previously-employed workers who were also fired illegally
- Contract copies
- Proof of medical treatment
- Proof of jury duty or voting
All of your evidence can be submitted to a lawyer who can help sue Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham for wrongful termination. We will hire expert witnesses to testify on your behalf as well, and you can focus on searching for other jobs while we handle the lawsuit.
How long do I have to file a claim for wrongful termination against Travelodge?
The statute of limitations to sue Travelodge Hotel is 180 days from the termination if you are filing a claim through the EEOC, and 300 days if you are filing through the DFEH. The statute of limitations enabled both sides to gather their evidence, and if you fail to submit your claim within that time period, you will be unable to collect any compensation.
You should also be aware that claims against government entities must be filed within 45 days of the termination. Further, if the responsible party is not present in the state and has gone on vacation, for example, you can wait to sue – the statute would be suspended until he returns.
A California wrongful termination attorney for Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham employees can ensure that you are not in danger of missing the deadline for your case.
What is the worth of a wrongful termination lawsuit against Travelodge?
Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham wrongful termination lawsuits can be worth a lot of money if you were discriminated against. Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham wrongful termination cases can have an average value of over $250,000 in some situations, but other cases with a lot of victims or gross negligence have netted over $1,000,000. We will aim to bring you the following:
- Lost income from your job from both the past and future for the time you spend without work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages
- Reinstatement into your old position if you so choose
You should not be expected to experience a loss in your finances because you were illegally fired. Our Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham wrongful termination lawyers in Los Angeles will be able to win you everything you need.
Los Angeles Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham Wrongful Termination Lawyer
The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group is a highly rated firm with years of experience handling wrongful termination lawsuits. We know the best methods to win your case and will do everything necessary to secure you a fair settlement. We won’t stop pursuing your compensation, and our lawyers are known for their tenacity and aggressiveness. If we need to go to court to defend your rights, we are willing and prepared to do so.
For a free legal consultation, call our law offices today. All consultations are totally confidential, and none of your case details or private information will be shared elsewhere. You can ask us questions about the case and we will tell you how much we feel your claim is worth.
If you hire us, we will make sure you pay no out of pocket fees. We will cover all expenses with the case, and if we win, our payment will come from the settlement we win for you. If we lose, we do not get paid anything, and your savings stay untouched.
For a Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham harassment lawyer or wrongful termination lawyer, look no further than the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group.