Wrongful termination is a major issue at businesses. There are various ways that employees can be discriminated against and illegally fired. Some of these reasons even break Federal laws and can result in hefty fines and punishments for the company and boss. Some instances of mistreatment are more common in certain establishments, like national-scale retailers, but other mid to large-size businesses can also be guilty of discrimination. Grocery stores are one such example. If you were employed by any Albertsons establishment and were discriminated against and wrongfully fired, you can take legal action. A wrongful termination lawsuit against Vons and Pavilions and Albertsons can net you ample compensation. Our Pavilions and Albertsons and Vons discrimination attorneys at the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group can take on your case for you and fight for your rights.
Vons and Pavilions and Albertsons Wrongful Termination Attorney in California
Our Vons and Pavilions and Albertsons wrongful termination lawyers in Los Angeles can help you if you were discriminated against. Wrongful termination is often the result of discrimination of some kind. The grocery store may fire you for your race, age, sex, religious affiliation, and much more. The companies often employ a lot of minimum wage workers who do not have the means to seek out legal retaliation. The business is often free from punishment for that reason. Fortunately, our lawyers can make sure you’re paid for your losses if you were wrongfully terminated by Albertsons and Vons and Pavilions.
In California, employment is at-will, meaning workers can be fired at any point for any reason, even for no reason, provided there is no illegal intent behind the termination. The flip side is that workers can also leave at any time and do not need to provide notice. This makes it extremely difficult to determine why someone has been fired many employers will simply lie about the reasons or do all they can to conceal them.
Fortunately, there are laws that are in place to protect individuals from wrongful termination. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 protects people from discrimination due to their sex, religion, ethnicity, and more. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act protects individuals over the age of 40 from being wrongfully removed from their positions or laid off in favor of younger or less permanent employees. The Americans with Disabilities Act allows individuals those where left with some of disability, whether mental or physical, to still receive ample accommodations and to sue if he were targeted. Parents can take advantage of the California Family Medical Rights Act that allows leave for maternity bonding, recovery, serious health conditions, and more.
Protections in California cover the following traits:
- Military or veteran status
- Status as victim of domestic violence, stalking, or assault of any kind
- Sexual orientation
- HIV/AIDS affliction
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Medical conditions
- Mental disability
- Physical disability
- Age (only for those 40 and older)
- Genetic information
- Nation of origin
If you feel that you were targeted for any of the above and illegally fired, let us help your legal proceedings. A lawyer who has experience in Vons and Pavilions and Albertsons wrongful termination cases will be invaluable for your claim.
Los Angeles Albertsons and Vons and Pavilions Wrongful Termination Lawyer and Types of Wrongful Termination
There are various ways that you can sue for wrongful termination. If you were terminated for any of the following reasons, we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
- Age discrimination: Individuals over the age of 40 may be deemed obsolete and terminated. Employers often think that younger workers are less expensive and do not use the range of medical benefits and leave that older workers do due to having fewer responsibilities and a higher turnover rate. An Albertsons and Vons and Pavilions age discrimination lawyer can be of great assistance to you.
- Disability discrimination: Those individuals who need medical assistance, reasonable accommodations, and more can be targeted. They may be prevented from leaving early and be forced t come to work through certain illnesses, and this can be deemed illegal. You should be aware of the circumstances in which you can sue Pavilions and Albertsons and Vons for disability discrimination.
- Pregnancy discrimination: If you are denied maternity or paternity leave, fired for becoming pregnant, denied reasonable accommodations while pregnant, and much more, you can sue Albertsons and Vons and Pavilions for pregnancy discrimination and illegal termination. The company can also be held accountable if Pavilions and Albertsons and Vons asked you to quit because you were pregnant.
- Racial discrimination: Racism is extremely common in many businesses. You can be given menial tasks and a lower pay grade, and if you raise a complaint, you could be terminated. Our Vons and Pavilions and Albertsons racial discrimination attorneys in Los Angeles can assist with your case.
- Retaliation: You may be retaliated against by the company if you took any action against them for raising concerns about your treatment. You could be fired or docked pay. A lot of retaliation occurs in response to sexual harassment claims. The workers targeted in such claims may be held in high regard by the company, and if they are accused, can pull strings to get you to suffer consequences. If you were sexually assaulted or an employee at Vons and Pavilions and Albertsons harasses you and retaliates against you, you should hire an Albertsons and Vons and Pavilions sexual assault lawyer or Albertsons and Vons and Pavilions sexual harassment lawyer.
- Breach of public policy: You may be required to go to jury duty or you may exercise your right to vote. Your employer cannot fire you for taking leave for these actions. If so, he will be guilty of violating your rights. If Albertsons and Vons and Pavilions wrongfully and illegally fired you for such actions, you should file an Albertsons and Vons and Pavilions wrongful termination lawsuit.
- Breach of contract: You may be under contract with the grocery store and not be able to be fired unless certain scenarios or circumstances arise, or you behave in a certain manner. Often, the grocery store will make up these scenarios to get you out if they are discriminating against you. You should speak with a lawyer who can help sue Albertsons and Vons and Pavilions for wrongful termination if you were fired for a wrongful breach of contract.
These potential violations can lead to harsh punishments for the company. If you need a California wrongful termination attorney for Pavilions and Albertsons and Vons employees to help you with your claim, do not hesitate to reach out to us.
What evidence should I gather to sue Vons and Pavilions and Albertsons for wrongful termination?
In order to sue the grocery store, you will need ample evidence. This can include a journal detailing the discrimination, statements from coworkers supporting your perspective, photos and recordings or videos of the discrimination, pay stubs, proof of medical leave and other documents, statements from your boss and Human Resources, any relevant contracts, and more.
The first step should be to go to HR to try and fix the issue. However, HR is present purely to ensure that the company is protected, and they will often not come to your aid. It will also be beneficial if you can find other individuals who were terminated for the same or similar reasons, as your claim will likely strengthen with their examples and testimonies.
A lawyer with experience in Pavilions and Albertsons and Vons wrongful termination cases can walk you through the legal process. We will gladly take all your evidence and submit it to the necessary channel, whether the EEOC or the DFEH. You only have a statute of limitations of less than 300 days to sue, and if you miss this crucial deadline, you will not be able to collect any compensation.
How much is a wrongful termination case worth?
A Pavilions and Albertsons and Vons wrongful termination cases can have an average value of six figures or more in some instances. Sexual assault, for instance, can result in a lot higher numbers due to the extra types of compensation available. Albertsons and Vons and Pavilions wrongful termination lawsuits can be worth over $1,000,000 depending on the degree of harassment, length of discrimination, treatment, involvement of multiple parties or superiors, company policy and practice, and more.
We will strive to win you the following:
- Lost wages from the past and future
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages
- Reinstatement into your old position
Our goal is also to change the policies at your workplace, ensure those that discriminated against you are punished or fired, and more. We will not rest until we feel that proper justice has been served.
Why Choose Us
The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group can successfully sue the grocery store for discrimination and wrongful termination if you hire us. We have decades of combined experience with such lawsuits and we know the best techniques to win. Our attorneys are known for being aggressive, and we always plan ahead. If we have to go to court to defend your rights, we are willing to do so. You may need any kind of attorney, whether a Pavilions and Albertsons and Vons harassment lawyer or a lawyer specializing in disability discrimination. No matter what, we can provide you with what you need.
Call our firm for a free legal consultation. All consultations are totally confidential and your private details will not be shared with anyone. You can discuss your case with us and we will walk you through the legal process. If you want us to represent you, we will give you our zero fee guarantee. This allows you to pay nothing for your case – we will get paid if we win and the money will come from the grocery company, and if we lose, we do not charge you at all.
Contact the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group to get a jump on your wrongful termination claim against Albertsons and Pavilions and Vons.