Blizzard Entertainment Sexual Harassment Attorney in California
Blizzard Entertainment is a popular company that develops and releases video games. They have been in operation for over ten years and have made a huge slash in the gaming community. However, the company has not been the model of progressivism and tolerance, and some of the workers at the business have complained about being mistreated or sexually harassed. This kind of mistreatment should be taken very seriously by the company, and if Blizzard does nothing to correct it, victims should take appropriate legal action. A lawyer with experience in Blizzard Entertainment sexual harassment cases can ensure that your claim is sufficiently handled. Our law firm, the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group, can provide you with a California sexual harassment attorney for Blizzard Entertainment employees and help you win every penny you deserve.
What is sexual harassment in the workplace?
Sexual harassment in the workplace can be divided into two categories. The first is quid pro quo harassment. This translates to something for something, and involves exchanges or swaps. It can only be done by supervisors or managers, or those who are in positions of power over the other employees. If a manager or supervisor at Blizzard Entertainment sexually harassed you, it may have been by proposing employment or promotions in exchange for sexual favors. Some of the threats that are most common in quid pro quo harassment situations include:
- Negative performance reviews
- Demotion to a different, more menial position
- Wrongful termination
- Reduced hourly wages or salary
- Reassignment to another job location or part of the store
- Blacklisting so that you cannot work at another company or in the same field
- Forced to work overtime with no additional compensation
- Removal or denial of benefits
- Denial of sick leave, vacation time, and other forms of leave
Quid pro quo harassment is less common than its counterpart, harassment in a hostile workplace environment. This is because there are more coworkers on equal footing with you than there are managers with authority over you. You may be subjected to a hostile workplace in the following ways:
- Someone engaged in inappropriate touching with you or groped you, whether on your lower body or upper body, or tried to give you a massage, a neck rub, hold your hand, or any other kind of action that can be seen as sexual
- Someone sent you inappropriate pictures that contained sexually explicit objects, themselves in sexual positions, forward remarks, and more
- A coworker tried to have sexual relations with you or engage in a one night stand at work, after work, at the bar during a holiday party, and more
- You were a victim of sexual molestation over a period of time, which usually occurs to minors but can happen to adults as well
- You were a victim of rape or were similarly sexually assaulted, which are both very serious acts that can create trauma and permanent mental anguish
If either a supervisor or coworker at Blizzard Entertainment creates a hostile work environment, it is important that you sue Blizzard Entertainment for sexual harassment. There are many different actions that could constitute sexual harassment, and you may not feel as though you were a victim or you may try to rationalize it to keep your job. If you were sexually harassed by Blizzard Entertainment or someone working at Blizzard Entertainment, do not hesitate to reach out to a Blizzard Entertainment harassment lawyer for assistance, no matter what. We are here for you.
What should I do to sue Blizzard for sexual harassment?
You could sue Blizzard for sexual harassment by getting all the necessary evidence and building a case against the company. You should make sure to do the following:
- Familiarize yourself with the policy for sexual harassment, including potential punishments, training regimes, and more
- Inform your boss and HR about the harassment and put all complaints in writing, retain all emails, make copies of messages, and more
- Keep a journal dictating the dates of the events, the time they happened, who was involved, what exactly occurred, and more
- Take photos, record audio and video, get security footage, and do anything else to get hard evidence of the harassment as it happens, if possible
- File a complaint with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (California-run state agency) or the Equal Employment Opportunity Committee (Federal-run agency)
- Report any rape or sexual assault to the authorities
- Pursue medical attention, keep records form the doctor’s visit, keep treatment records and prescriptions, and more
- Write down statements and testimonies from any eyewitnesses, coworkers, or other victims (this may be difficult, though, as many people may elect to not give you these details so they can protect their jobs)
Bear in mind that these actions can set you up for retaliation by the company. If a worker at Blizzard Entertainment harasses you and retaliates against you, you may lose your job, or worse. In the event that someone at Blizzard Entertainment wrongfully and illegally fired you after you reported sexual harassment, you should speak with one of our Blizzard Entertainment discrimination attorneys.
We always recommend pursuing expert representation if you wish to file a Blizzard Entertainment wrongful termination and sexual harassment lawsuit. You may not have any legal experience, and it will benefit you to have a skilled Blizzard Entertainment wrongful termination lawyer on your side.
What can I win from a Blizzard Entertainment sexual harassment lawsuit?
Individuals who were harassed or harmed while at Blizzard Entertainment should not be expected to cover their damages. It is unfair and our lawyers will strive to win you the maximum settlement available under the law. Blizzard Entertainment sexual harassment lawsuits can be worth a fair amount of money because of the trauma and mistreatment, but also because of the lost income. Blizzard Entertainment sexual harassment cases can have an average value of more than $250,000 if there were some kind of assault, too. Additionally, a class action lawsuit against Blizzard Entertainment for sexual harassment may result in the company paying millions of dollars to a number of plaintiffs.
An attorney can help you decide which course of action is best. If you file a Blizzard Entertainment sexual harassment class action lawsuit, you may not receive as much compensation because it will be distributed to numerous plaintiffs.
The value of your lawsuit will also be determined by an insurance agent but can be negotiated by a workplace sexual harassment lawyer. A Blizzard Entertainment workplace sexual harassment attorney from our firm can ensure that you are given the following forms of compensation:
- Any potential medical bills for hospitalization, surgery, physical therapy, medication, and more
- Property damage for broken or lost belongings
- Missed wages, promotions, commissions, bonuses, tips, and more
- Reinstatement into your job if you were wrongfully terminated
- Pain and suffering damages for emotional anguish, psychological trauma, fear, PTSD, anxiety, and more
- Punitive damages, which are additional amounts of compensation handed out to punish the defendant when he acted with gross negligence or an intent to cause harm, but these damages are hard to win and are often viewed as excessive, so only a lawyer who has experience in Blizzard Entertainment sexual harassment cases will be skillful enough to win them for you
You should seek out a law firm representing victims of sexual harassment against Blizzard Entertainment to ensure that you are given the fairest help available. We can provide you with a lawyer who can help sue Blizzard Entertainment for sexual harassment.
How long do I have to file a Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Against Blizzard Entertainment?
In California, you have a 1 year statute of limitations to file a lawsuit against Blizzard Entertainment for sexual harassment. If you do not take action within that time frame, you won’t be able to sue. It is important that you act quickly so that your claim does not lose key evidence.
Many individuals, unfortunately, do not know how long their statutes are or how much time they have left on their claims. They often fail to file a lawsuit in the necessary amount of time. If you speak with a Blizzard Entertainment sexual harassment lawyer, you will not be at risk of missing your deadline. We will file your claim for you and see to it that you are on the path towards worthwhile compensation.
Los Angeles Blizzard Entertainment Sexual Harassment Lawyer
If you need to sue Blizzard for sexual harassment, contact the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group. Our Blizzard Entertainment sexual harassment lawyers in Los Angeles will be able to bring you the compensation you deserve, and we will aggressively negotiate a fair deal with the company, even going to court if we have to in order to win you a verdict.
For a free legal consultation, call our law offices today. We will walk you through the legal process and answer all of your questions. If you want to hire us, we will also give you our zero fee guarantee, a promise that you won’t spend any money on our services. We will cover the costs of the case, and if we lose, we take no payment whatsoever.
To speak with a Blizzard Entertainment sexual assault lawyer, call the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group today.