Although banks like Wells Fargo are purported to be caring and professional places, they have their issues just like anywhere else. Sexual harassment is still prevalent in these locations, and workers may be mistreated and discriminated against quite often. If you have been victimized, it is important that you seek out a lawyer who has experience in Wells Fargo sexual harassment cases. If you work with a law firm representing victims of sexual harassment against Wells Fargo, you will be more likely to win your claim and have various expenses and damages paid for. Our legal group, the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group, will aid you in filing a Wells Fargo sexual harassment lawsuit and ensure the appropriate parties are punished.
Types of Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment can be separated into two separate types. These types of harassment can happen at the same time in a company, albeit carried out by different individuals. The first type of harassment is hostile workplace environment harassment. If a supervisor or coworker at Wells Fargo creates a hostile work environment in a sexual manner, you could sue Wells Fargo for sexual harassment. Be aware that you may also be able to sue for sexual harassment even if you were not the direct recipient of the actions. Those who saw the harassment happen or who were direct witnesses could have felt extremely uncomfortable or even suffered a panic attack due to previous trauma or harassment. It is important that you take appropriate legal action if you were harassed or saw it; if you do not, the perpetrator could continue to behave that way, and there will be no changes at all.
The second type of sexual harassment is quid pro quo harassment. This is Latin for “this fr that” or “something for something” It indicates that an exchange is happening. However, this harassment can only take place between an authority figure at work and a subordinate. If a manager or supervisor at Wells Fargo sexually harassed you or was proposing employment or promotions in exchange for sexual favors, you were likely involved in a quid pro quo harassment situation. There must also be a threat of negative consequences if you do not give into these requests or favors. You could be reassigned to another job location, demoted from your current position, blacklisted, have your hourly wages or salary cut ,be scheduled for fewer hours or shifts than other workers, and more.
It is important that you speak with a Wells Fargo sexual harassment lawyer to determine the category of the harassment and how to proceed.
Laws Preventing Sexual Harassment
The Civil Rights Act of 1964, a Federal ruling, and the Fair Employment and Housing Act, a California ruling, both outlaw sexual harassment and discrimination. Sexual harassment does not have to be based on any sexual desire; it can merely be unwanted sexual advances that are severe and pervasive and come about as a result of gender, sex, orientation, marriage, and more.
Companies over the size of 50 employees must provide their managerial workers with2 hours of sexual harassment prevention training. However, many companies avoid this training. If you discover that the supervisors were not given this training or they decided not to go through with it, the bank could be held liable and face heavy fines.
One of the most common issues with sexual harassment lies in the reporting. If you report sexual harassment, you may face retaliation and get fired for speaking up. If someone at Wells Fargo harasses you and retaliates against you, or a manager at Wells Fargo wrongfully and illegally fired you after you reported sexual harassment, you should pursue a Wells Fargo wrongful termination and sexual harassment lawsuit. These laws exist to protect workers from such treatment, and a Wells Fargo wrongful termination lawyer will be able to handle your claim for you.
Common Forms of Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment can be visual, verbal, or physical in nature. You could be a victim of sexual harassment in the following ways:
- You were a victim of inappropriate touching, such as when a coworker groped you, massaged you without your consent, hugged you for too long, felt you up, rubbed your butt or private area, forced a kiss on you, and more
- Sexual molestation occurred, which is usually only discussed with respect to minors, but it can happen to anyone who is fondled or otherwise touched against their will
- A coworker sent you inappropriate pictures, pornographic images, videos of themselves masturbating in engaged in sexual poses, and more
- A coworker tried to have sexual relations with you, asked you to participate in an affair, asked you out repeatedly on dates, and more
- Some sexually explicit objects were given to you or they were on display in a coworker’s office, or he asked to use these objects with you
- You were sexually assaulted or a victim of rape, which can cause intense trauma and may result in a lengthy investigation
It is highly recommended that you speak with a workplace sexual harassment lawyer after you suffer sexual harassment at work. We will help you win the compensation you deserve and see that the bank is held accountable.
Filing a Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Against Wells Fargo
In order to file a sexual harassment lawsuit against Wells Fargo, you will need a fair amount of evidence of the incidents. This evidence can come from various sources. We feel that you should follow this procedure for the highest rate of success:
- Familiarize yourself with the sexual harassment policy at the bank so you know what actions are over the line and what behaviors are illegal, as well as how to report it to the proper channel
- Write down in a journal all the details about the harassment or discrimination you suffered, including the names of those involved, where the harassment took place, what it consisted of, and more
- Inform your boss and HR representative of the harassment and put all the complaints and communication in writing, or keep copies of the emails you send
- Take pictures of any harassment, request security footage, record videos yourself of the incidents as they happen, record audio clips of conversations and remarks that were made to you that can support your case, and more
- Ask coworkers and eyewitnesses for their statements and testimonies concerning the harassment, but be aware that many coworkers will likely be reluctant to help out of fear that their own jobs will be in jeopardy
- If you were sexually assaulted or physically hurt, go to the doctor for medical treatment, make copies of the receipt and notes, keep the treatment summary, and go to the police to press charges against the perpetrator
Once all this evidence has been collected, you should speak with a lawyer with experience in Wells Fargo sexual harassment cases. We will organize the evidence, hire expert witnesses, create a method to win your case, and submit it to either the Department of Fair Employment and Housing or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Our Wells Fargo discrimination attorneys are highly skilled and will be able to handle your claim while you focus on other endeavors, such as finding a new job.
Compensation from a Well Fargo Sexual Harassment Claim
Wells Fargo sexual harassment cases can have an average value of more than $250,000 in some scenarios. Wells Fargo sexual harassment lawsuits can be worth a ton of money if you were physically hurt or if you can prove that there was a high degree of negligence. Additionally, a Wells Fargo sexual harassment class action lawsuit can result in a large settlement of more than $5,000,000, but this total compensation will be spread amongst the plaintiffs. If you feel that you need as much proof as possible to win, joining a class action lawsuit against Wells Fargo for sexual harassment may be a good idea.
Either way, our Wells Fargo sexual harassment lawyers in Los Angeles will work to bring you the following:
- Missing income or lost wages from the time you couldn’t work
- Missed benefits, commission, bonuses, and more
- Reinstatement into your previous job position if you were illegally fired
- Pain and suffering damages to cover emotional anxiety, PTSD, fear, mental scarring, and more
- Punitive damages if there was gross negligence or an intention to cause you harm, but these damages are often viewed as severe or harsh and can only be won by a skilled Wells Fargo harassment lawyer
If you try to move forward by yourself with your claim, you run the risk of losing everything because of inexperience. A lawyer who can help sue Wells Fargo for sexual harassment is a great asset for your case.
Wells Fargo Sexual Harassment Attorney in California
If you were sexually harassed by Wells Fargo or someone working at Wells Fargo, a Wells Fargo workplace sexual harassment attorney can help you with your claim. The California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group will gladly represent you and ensure that you are fairly treated. Our aggressive team of attorneys is highly respected and renowned for our success.
Call today to set up a free legal consultation .all consultations are totally private, and you can rest assured that your personal details and case info won’t be shared anywhere. A Wells Fargo sexual assault lawyer will walk you through the legal process and answer all of your questions.
If you want us to represent you, you will be given our zero fee guarantee. We won’t ask you to pay any out of pocket fees for our services. We will cover the costs of the case ourselves, and if we win, our payment is taken from the settlement we bring you. If we lose, we get paid nothing whatsoever.
To get started on your claim with the help of a California sexual harassment attorney for Wells Fargo employees, call the California Labor Law Employment Attorneys Group at once.